1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to find a cheap and worth it dvd burner?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by psx245, May 8, 2003.

1. psx245

psx245 Regular member

Please tell me where to buy a new dvd burner with good quality speed with a cheap price.

Thanks

2. JoeDirt

JoeDirt Member

Go on Ebay and do a search for NEC 1100a, Use buy it now. I got mine for 174.99 w/ shipping. Works great for me. You need the newest version of Nero. It is a 4x DVD+RW.

3. JMoney

JMoney Guest

got mine from tigerdirect.com. ebay is good and possibly cheaper, but less trustworthy.

check shipping before you bid

4. Noseguy

Noseguy Member

Joe Dirt!
    I also have the NEC 1100 drive, and have the most recent Nero. When I try to copy a disc, all seems to be working okay (except the 1st time I clicked on write, I didn't have a disk inserted, and it proceeded to 'write' anyway).
    So I let it finish, then inserted a disk and clicked on write again. It looked as if it was writing, and said it was completed successfully. My modchipped ps2 didn't recognize the disk, said 'disc error'. I have successfully burned ps2 cd's, but I am embarking on dvd burning, and I think I made my first coaster. Incidentally, the game was Final Fantasy X.
    -Any ideas?

5. Biggz

Biggz Member

PSX - depending on what you will be using the burner for you may not even need a 4X.

Most anyone will tell you the most successful backups are made on 1X... sure it's nice to have the option, but it's up to you if you want to spend the extra money.

I myself have the Toshiba SD-R5002 (or is it R2005? hmm...) It is max 2X and I got it for less than $170 brand new a couple of months ago from a trustworthy merchant in my area. You can go to eBay and other places to find better deals, but be careful you are not buying refurbished or used merchandise. They don't always make it very clear in the ads.__X_X_X_X_X_[small]Proud to be an AfterDawn newbie...[/small]

Last edited: May 9, 2003
  6. JoeDirt

JoeDirt Member

I just used nero, the disks i bought couldn't burn at 4x so i burned at 2.4x. I have a flip top and it worked for me. I also burned DVD movies too.

7. ps2modbrn

ps2modbrn Guest

Ok
    I bought a Memorex DVD +R/+RW for under $200 at a local Staples.

I did a LOT of searching- ont the web at the different stores and online places.

Make sure that when you buy it, it's what you want. I had to return two different kinds because it didnt meet my expectations.

Hope this helps!