1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to find a DVD player that plays MPEG-4 movies?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by deezp1, Mar 26, 2004.

1. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

does anyone know where I can find a dvd player that is compatible to MPEG-4 movies? are there any that are cheap? thanks for any replies.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hello deezp1, I know computers are tough so I’ll try to help, OK ?

You’ll forgive me if I suggest that you should take a beginners course in computers - or there are some books that can help you navigate this wondrous world -
    The only reason that I suggested a class or a book is that there might not be someone to work for you when you needed something done -
    Don’t worry, I’ll be glad to help you this time -

Are you ready ?

Good, we’ll start -

There is this thing called the Internet. It contains answers to many questions. If you have a question you should take the "pointy thing" that is moved by a small 2 or 3 button hand device on a flat surface somewhere near you. It is called a mouse. Silly name for it isn’t it ? At the top of each and every page there is a task Bar. This is made up of a bunch of icons (Little pictures) with words beneath them. If you wish some information I suggest that you try to locate a magnifying lens with the word SEARCH beneath it.
    Guide that pointy thing until it touches the word "Search" and push the button thing located under your left finger twice.

A window will come up with a space where you can type your question. Type in what you wish information on. I know you think it's easier to ask someone to type for you but you will find that often, there is no one to do your work for you. You can do it, I have faith in you -
    Ok, Are you ready ?
    Good.
    Type in the following - “DVD Player MPEG 4” - you did it? All by yourself ? WOW, that's pretty kool -

Now, by yourself now, read what's on the left side of the page - see there, where it says "Gateway" for one of them ? - Yea, there IS a link, http://www.gateway.com/home/ce/dvd.shtml

Put the “pointyThingie” on that and click the left finger thing twice - That’s Good !.
    Now you can read what they have to say -
    It’s pretty neat, it has what you wanted :)

If you keep on looking you'll fine many more places that answered your question -

Super,
    Just think how good that is - if you want something you can use that secret "Search" thing and get an answer -

Remember, if you need help, we're here to try to guide you along :)

OK now, have a nice day :D)

Pete

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi Pete,

I clicked on your blue thingie and got a blank sreen thingie that dina say gateway but said: fastclick.as;e0894j37p0567ew4 or somthing like that so I hit the refresh thingie and your blue thingie worked aok. Every ding dang link I click on here does that. Maybe I should tell da boss?

BTW I got that other thingie!
    Paco

4. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

hey scub, yeah I heard of the internet thing, and I heard a rumor that Im on it now, anyways the reason I ask, and which is the reason for these forums, is for suggestions, I know the usual places to search, I just want to know if anyone has one already and if they got it at decent price.

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

You didn't post that question you posted -

This forum is to help. I posted a very nice set of instructions to help you to answer your question because it was obvious, from your question, that you didn't know where to search -

Did you have a problem with my answer ? I tried to make it easy for you to understand -