1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where to get 22awg wire

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by gozing, Jun 22, 2007.

1. gozing

gozing Guest

Hi guys, I want to install a matrix infinity chip. I have a 30awg wire. However, for the ground and power points I heard I need a 22awg wire. Where do I get one? I can't find it anywhere apart from mod-chip.com which I can't use anyway.

2. KiNtArO01

KiNtArO01 Guest

u can use 22awg wire lol

3. gozing

gozing Guest

huh?

I was asking where I can get it.

Its ok though, I found some kind of connector on ebay that uses 22awg wire. Gonna cut the wire off and use that

4. KiNtArO01

KiNtArO01 Guest

lol sry i meant 30awg wire my bad lol

5. gozing

gozing Guest

but I read in lots of places that I should use 22awg wire for those two points.

6. KiNtArO01

KiNtArO01 Guest

then get 22awg wire try a radio shak they will prob have it but u can use 30awg wire if u still r unsure use 22awg wire there is no difference
    in voltage going into the wire because of size it will just make the job a little easier with 22awg wire

7. gozing

gozing Guest

hey,

Radioshack isn't available where I live. I was just lucky I decided to look on ebay again.

8. KiNtArO01

KiNtArO01 Guest

try walmarts kmarts and comp stores electronic stores to

9. raiderj

raiderj Regular member

The wires that are in your computer coming off the PSU can be used for the power and ground. Just about any store will carry electrical wire that will work.

You can also use 30awg wire, just use a couple strands together. As long as the wires are relatively short, it shouldn't make a difference.