1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to get Epson R200 ink ????

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by rayboy, Nov 1, 2004.

1. rayboy

rayboy Regular member

Where can I get generic Epson R200 ink that the quality of the ink is the same as the real Epson ink
    Thanks Dawnner (you save me a bunch).

2. Marvo

Marvo Member

I just got a full set from Blankmedia.ca but I haven't tested them out yet as my originals are only half empty. The OEM's are made by Q Ink which I've heard give excelent color and perform like the originals. The price is quite good at $8 each or $44.49 for all six colors.

3. forkndave

forkndave Member

I have been getting mine from http://www.bestpriceink.com . All six cartridges are $39.70 with free shipping. Two sets are $69.90. Sometimes Meritline has had good deals on ink for these printers, but not recently that I'm aware of. I haven't had any problems with ink from either place. Fry's Electronics also has ink for the R200/R300, but at a higher price. The only problem with the ink from Fry's was that every time I would print I would get a message saying this was not genuine Epson ink and did I really want to use it. It worked O.K., however. I did not have this problem with the ink from the other places. I can't tell any difference in the printing quality. I sure wish someone would come up with refillable cartridges for these printers. Even using compatibles it seems like I sure spend a lot of money for ink. Unfortunately, if you live in the U.S. this is the printer you have to use. It prints very well, but I sure wish it didn't use so damn much ink.

4. RicTheRed

RicTheRed Guest

This weekend I have installed my first set of Q-ink cartridges from blankmedia.ca.
    So far, I am not satisfied. I do not think that it is a coincidence. One after the other, colors are cloggings. Never saw this before with Epson inks.
    I have remarked that the odor is different. Sounds like the chemical formulation is not identical.

5. newbie999

newbie999 Guest

Have used Jettec and inkxl and phoenix so far on mine. There is no clogging and the difference in quality is hardly noticable. i don't know if these are available outside the uk. I have many other Epsons and the only time i have used official cartridges was what came with the printer and have no problems with compatibles

6. ERA2000

ERA2000 Regular member

www.meritline.com , www.rima.com have these inks at a good price, about 5 or 6 bucks each. I just ordered some the other day.
    I'd go with RIMA 'cause their service is very good.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2004
  7. RicTheRed

RicTheRed Guest

I also want to add something about these Q-ink cartridges. The colors are all off.
    Before I change the cartridge, I made sure to print a few photos, with different colors.
    I reprinted them with the Q-ink cartridges.
    Welcome to green world!
    Time to tweak all settings.
    I will not have save a $ with these shits. Everything I print suckkkckjkckckckckcks

8. RicTheRed

RicTheRed Guest

Ooppps, me again :)

Canadian people: do you all buy Epson or Q-ink? Is there something else available?

Thanks.

9. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

Ink from Meritline (Chinese) ruined my Epson Photo 820 printer. The Black ink with Meritline label was OK but the Color form China clogged so bad as to ruin printer. Even a service center could not restore nozzels to working order.
    For generic Epson compatible ink I would try WWW.Tylermartin.com
    They sell a couple of diferent brands that are pretty close in price (within a dollar per cart). I would pick the more expensive of the lot. Why skimp on an already cheap generic?

10. ERA2000

ERA2000 Regular member

Oh boy. I just ordered a set of ink from Meritline. I hope their not total crap...?
    Heres where I got my last package of ink:
    http://www.4inkjets.com/eprxinkcat0s.html
    Their G&G Brand and have worked great.

11. forkndave

forkndave Member

The ink that I have received from Meritline has all been G&G brand. Can't tell any difference from genuine Epson cartridges.

12. ERA2000

ERA2000 Regular member

Good news forkndave!
    So far G&G has been very good for me too.

13. RicTheRed

RicTheRed Guest

Era2000 and forkndave:

This is the 100$ question
    Do you print photos?

I have remarked that if I print dvds and covers with my Q-inks cartridge, it's ok.
    If I print photos on epson premium glossy photo medium, it's very bad.

I've also read that photos are the "real" test for "generic" inks.

Thanks

14. forkndave

forkndave Member

Yes, I print photos with my printer. I don't have any Epson Premium Glossy paper at the moment, but mine prints fine on Kodak Premium Picture Paper. I can't tell any difference between the generic cartridges I've used and the ones that came with my printer. I.ve never been able to tell any difference with any of the ink I've used on any material that I've used. I've never tried Q-Inks, however.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2004
  15. oquela

oquela Member

I get the set of 6 colors at the local computer show normally for 26 bucks plus tax. This past weekend, I found the SAME ink from a vendor called think4ink for only 20 bucks plus tax, They're based out of Prescott, AZ

The ink cartridges are made in china. I've used these inks before on my R200, on the Epson C60, on the Epson 777, and on a couple of other epsons all with good results. Works well on pictures too. I find that the photo paper used is much more important in terms of final quality than are the inks.

I couldn't find a brand, but it comes in a blue container with white lettering.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2004
  16. ERA2000

ERA2000 Regular member

RicTheRed I dont print photos often, so I don't know if the ink would effect the quality. I mostly print on HP semi-glossy paper and in my opinion they come out good.
    I don't think I've used Q-ink though.

17. RicTheRed

RicTheRed Guest

Thanks,

I have found a place not too far selling G&G. I will give them a try. Hopefully, they will work.

18. denrach

denrach Member

http://store.yahoo.com/blankcdcdr/stphr2.html

I know you cant link html's but here is the website i just ordered from. all 6 for 35 and change free shipping...[bold]but they have a 30% off coupon code so they were 25.03 shipped.[/bold] I know you said same quality, so give me a couple days and I will report back on that as well. But for 25 bucks I had to try, thats a steal, heck thats less than two of the epson cartridges from office depot

19. HaiTac

HaiTac Member

20. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I was just wondering if anyone has tried these [bold]http://private.abacus24-7.com/(ekznl5qxlvrqzfemvc5qfgjs)/driver.aspx?topic=singleProduct&pid=11304[/bold] I guess you have to copy and paste this link AD don't like it :)
    If so how did they work. I mainly print on the DVD/CD. Not to many pictures so if these will work good on mt Disks I woould be happy because they are only $25 for all 6 cartridges. If anyone has used these can they please let me know how they worked?

Thanks in advance
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2004