1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to get games rentals for a cheap price?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jake45, Jan 25, 2005.

1. jake45

jake45 Member

Hi I want to know where to rent Ps2 games for a good cheap price. I rented games in the past from my local store and it cost me 3.99 plus tax to just get a game rental and they are all like very old games. Any help will be thankful?

P.S.I still iam waitng for my slide card/swap magic combo to arrive cant wait!

2. dlk124

dlk124 Member

gameznflix.com - movies and games online. $17.25 per month for 3 out at a time. Keep them as long as you like. Return and get 3 more shipped right to your house. No late fees ever. Best deal out there for movies and games.

3. williej

williej Regular member

How credible/reliable are tha folks at gameznflix.com Is the URL down?

4. dlk124

dlk124 Member

I have been renting since May 2004. I rent movies mostly, but I do get a few games for the kids.

5. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

How long does it take to get the games??

6. Megadeth

Megadeth Regular member

Beware of GameZnFlix.com......

7. dlk124

dlk124 Member

Service was rough at first, but it has greatly improved. If you need customer service the number is 1 800 613-1543 and can be found easily on the web site under contact us. I usually receive movies within 2 days of being shipped. Lately I have been getting my movies within 1 day (I live within approx. 80 miles of 1 of their 3 dist. centers. As far as removing movies from the queue I have never had any problem with this. Everything is very manageable as far as adding and removing.

8. jake45

jake45 Member

Thank's for the comments. I researched and gamesnflix sounds realy bad. So i went with a good eastcoast game rental site. I cant wait to get MGS:3

9. iriedawta

iriedawta Guest

gameznflix.com is a load of crap. had to cancel with them about 3 weeks ago. service has not greatly improved. had a 2 week trial with them and during the 2 week trial..i didn't recieve one game!! told me the games i picked wasn't in stocked or rented out. i put 30 games in that queue! forget them, as the recent threads said sent emails never got any answer back. had to call them to cancel membership in which they tried to give me extended service. told them to shove it..i got upset because they charged my debit card before the trial period was out. i have gamefly.com..its great, you know when the games are availaible, you don't have to wait decades for one game. and they are always in stock.they ship twice a day.if the game shows it is on short wait, it is mailed out the next business day. they even have the new nintendo ds games on their site now. i'll stick with them. they are great

10. jake45

jake45 Member

Yep thats what i got gamefly. They do have laot of games I want on short wait but its still good. Only problem they are on the west coast. I hope they put a east dist. center on the east cost. I swear if they do they will get alot of customers.

11. rafer11

rafer11 Member

If you are in the states blockbuster has the gamepass. Rent unlimited for the month, anywhere from 3-5 titles at a time($20-$30) a month i believe. However, if you live in canada like myself, you gotta look around. I'm in winnipeg, and found a place called movie village which is winnipeg based and they have $20CDN($16USD) a month rentals, 3 titles at a time, and it allows you to get ALL games, and any dvd that is not a new release. Damn good deal. there are soo many games and tv series dvd's i want to rent.

I suggest cracking open the phone book, head to video is the yellow pages, and phone up everyone and ask if they have an unlimited deal.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  12. iriedawta

iriedawta Guest

there is one draw back to the blockbuster game pas. even though it says no due date or late fees(within 30 days, with gamefly its unlimited). in fine print there is a due date and late fee charge. you also have to go to the store to pick up the games. and it only applies to that one particular store you purchased the game pass from. so if you are on the other side of town and there is a blockbuster right across the street from you. you can't take it there you have to go to the one you purchased the game pass from. and they never have the game titles avaliable, its always rented out or not there for whatever reason.

13. williej

williej Regular member

I used Hollywood Video for my rental. It was like $35 a month for just 2 video games. However, I usually flipped within a day or two. I do hate they can only be used at one store. That sucks. I would love to get like 3-5 games at a time. Does anyone know online I can get game rentals cheap and fast, like NetFlix's?

14. gorec9897

gorec9897 Regular member

I rent games and movies at sun-mart foods, there alot cheaper; $1.67 + Tax & $0.89 for vhs (2 day's). If you rent on Mondays and Tuesdays you rent one get one free. The selection is somewhat restricted since they only carry one copy of each game or movie.

Try to find a small non-franchise rental shop or a local supermarket that doubles as a rental shop.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  15. gorec9897

gorec9897 Regular member

-- accident second post :/

16. gorec9897

gorec9897 Regular member

-- accident woh opps :/