1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to get the best price on a chip...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Stunna, Dec 5, 2002.

1. Stunna

Stunna Guest

Hey everyone, I'm new to all of this, and from what I've been reading, the messiah sounds like the chip to get, Does anyone have a recomendation on where to get the chip from? Also, how difficult is it to install the messiah chip? Thanks, any information that you have will be much appreciated

2. augie101

augie101 Member

Gamegizmo.com or extreme-mods.com i have ordered the magic 3 from both at 50$ U.S and have had no problems. the Magic 3 is nice because it works with all versions and is a no swap mod chip. Also you can get nice install instructions for your PS2 version as well as boot up instructions from these web sites.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2002
  3. Stunna

Stunna Guest

Thanks for your reply man, I really appreciate it...I was talking to a friend of mine and he said to get either the Magic 3 or Messiah, I might go with the Magic 3, is that easier to install, or does anyone know?

4. augie101

augie101 Member

I put the Magic 3 in mine and it works beautifully.

5. Stunna

Stunna Guest

That's cool, have you ever had any problems with it? How long have you had it....sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to gather as much info as possible before I decide which one to buy

6. augie101

augie101 Member

3 Months and no problems. i have burned 18 games now and all have worked great. I also have 15 PS1 games that also work just fine. All original DVD Movies and games still work also.

7. Stunna

Stunna Guest

Thanks for your help man, I appreciate it

8. augie101

augie101 Member

No problem that is why we are all here.

9. civic420

civic420 Guest

augie101 did you solder it your self. Had you try playing copy dvd games with the magic 3

10. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

I had my Messiah solder for me...
    It works great .. no probs at all.
    Plays CD-r/DVD+r/DVD-r/DVD-rw/DVD+rw and starts EA protected games as well as DVD movie copies.

I am a happy person ...

The messiah rules ..

11. Kikky

Kikky Member

12. augie101

augie101 Member

Soldered it myself and plays all 25 copied games that I have done so far.

13. Stunna

Stunna Guest

So does the Magic 3 do everything that the Messiah does? I have to check the version of PS2 I have also...which one is easier to solder, does anyone know?

14. augie101

augie101 Member

Magic 3 does it all and what kind of soldering skills do you have. Either chip is going to be fun to solder because of the size of the points you have to solder to on the board. Patience,steady hands, finepoint soldering tip and a lighted magnifying glass that you can attach to the table to be able to look through while doing the soldering is what you will need to put in either chip. Also the fun begins when you need to get to the board when you open up the unit. Make sure you keep track of your steps when you take your unit apart so you can put it back together.

P.S use a ground strap when working on the board!!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2002
  15. Stunna

Stunna Guest

I have the ground strap, I don't solder that much...I have a friend who has soldered a couple of chips I guess, so I'm probably just going to ask him if he can do it for me

16. augie101

augie101 Member

Have fun use a volt meter to check connections and to make sure nothing is shorted together.

17. ps2helper

ps2helper Member

for magic 3 u will need to solder 44 points (22 on magic 3 chip, 22 on ps2 board). beware before u buy magic 3 or messiah2 modchips. many clone (fake). i found magic 3 only $45 at www.shopatchris.com

18. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Yes PS2helper is right...
    There are just a few companies that are selling the real Messiah and Magic modchips.
    Others sell clones or fake chips that WON'T work. So that's a waist of money.

Just ask around where people ordered a chip and if they received it and if it works well.
    Then you can buy one yourself ..