1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to make the iso folder on psp

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by tejasvin, Nov 13, 2007.

1. tejasvin

tejasvin Member

guys, i got a huge problem. i had a psp of ver. 3.51 and then downloaded the upgrade version of 3.72. i heard it could play games of iso/cso type. after downloading the new software, i also formated the mem stick and reset all settings. but the iso folder just doesnt appear on my pc after i connected it via usb. i also tried creating one in the games, mp_root and all the other folders but the game does not appear on my psp. sometimes it comes as corrupted data. PLEASE HELP!

2. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

is the official firmware?

3. tejasvin

tejasvin Member

4. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

fat psp or slim, and do u know anyone with a pandora jigstick iso games will not work on official firmware.

5. tejasvin

tejasvin Member

in which firmware will it get downloaded in? can i download it from the web?

6. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

is ur psp the slim or the fat meaning the old psp, u will need someone with a custom firmware psp to make u a pandora battery for ur psp to be downgraded to 1.50 and then to custom firmware.

7. tejasvin

tejasvin Member

fat one. my friend bought a psp in malaysia and got it modified. he's got ver- 3.71 MSS2. he's got iso games in it to. will he be of any help?

8. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

he has 3.71m33-2 thats great. get a spare battery and spare memory card get him to follow all the instructions carefully here and u will have a custom firmware psp.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/553863

9. tejasvin

tejasvin Member

i read the manual and its great. it might solve all my problems. but i just cant understand one thing. do i have to insert my friends ms and battery into my psp and follow the guide? if thats right, my problems are solved.
    (or do i have to buy a new battery and ms? if so, how will my friend be of any help?)
    and suppose i do all that stuff given by the guide using my friends battery and ms and suppose i srew up, will his battery and ms still work on his psp?

10. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

hi ur better off buying a spare battery and memory card to do this, software is flashed onto the battery and onto the memory card, if u follow the guide u will not make a mess of it this is the guide that i used to make my battery and memory card, i bought a memory card and battery in case anyone i know need's it to be used on there psp.

11. tejasvin

tejasvin Member

then whats wrong with using the one i already have?

12. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

nothing wrong.u can use them.in case u brick ur psp in the future u can use the one that u have as a spare,if u make one...

13. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

exactly what luffypsp said nothing is wrong with the battery u have it is always good to have a pandora battery and memory card there in case u ever need it again

14. tejasvin

tejasvin Member

thnxs dudes , that solves everything

15. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

no problem glad to help
    let us know how u got on when u have make the pandora battery and memory card.(pandora jigstick)

16. tejasvin

tejasvin Member

hey guys, i got a question-
    i'm not an expert in psp so i just wanted to know the meaning of the following terms-
    1.bricking
    2.downgrade
    3.1.5 firmware and where it is located(in psp)
    4.kernel

17. 12thMAN

12thMAN Member

Okay im new to all this stuff so please help. I have a fat psp an i downloaded a game and have the file and saved in my documents and i need to know how to get the game onto my psp. I know that i have to put it in my ISO folder. But i do not know where thats is. I heard you have to make one if tht is orrect? If so can some1 please tell me how to do that. So breif i want to know how to get the game on my psp. Please help thanks.

18. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member