1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to purchase XBox 360?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by bmilcs, May 1, 2007.

1. bmilcs

bmilcs Member

Where is the best place to purchase an XBox 360, to insure that you get one with a dvd-rom that is capable of firmware patching? I just purchased and received my Xeno Top Gear. I am curious if anyone here uses this. I'd greatly appreciate some help.

My AIM is "bmil cs". I am very good with computers, and have a good deal of technical expertise.

It seems pretty impossible to mess up the installation of this chip. However, I cannot risk losing the money due to ruing a $400 console. Thanks. Also, should I purchase an Xbox 360 Platinum?

I appreciate all feedback. Thanks guys.

2. solargame

solargame Regular member

it's better to try it online or get it used on ebay.

3. bmilcs

bmilcs Member

Alrighty. So, therefore buying a brand new XBox 360 from Walmart, EBGames, etc. would be pointless right now? Do all the new XBox 360's come with an incompatible DVD-Rom drives that cannot have its firmware updated?

4. theridges

theridges Guest

no i bought mine not 3 months ago and had a moddable drive...
    it just all depends if the mfg date is newer then it probably has a newer Drive....

on another note im selling a flashed core system with a memory card if your interested PM ME :)

5. steimy

steimy Active member

or you can spend an extra $100 and get a prefolashed model. That way you are 100% sure of what your getting. ($500 for a preflashed premium system) See Teammodders.com (or Xtreme-Source.com buy and trade section for more on theridges system)