1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's MPEG-4?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Steve823, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Steve823

Steve823 Member

I thought Nero Vision used the MPEG4 codec, but all I can get is MPEG-2. I have a Plasma HDTV and would like to use the best codec possible for making DVDs of my photo images. If it is there, how do you select it?
    Thanks

2. zapatero

zapatero Member

Use Recode and Nero Digital - that´s the Nero implementation of MPEG-4, I think.

3. Steve823

Steve823 Member

Does that mean I can't "CREATE" a movie in MPEG-4 from scratch?

4. zapatero

zapatero Member

5. Steve823

Steve823 Member

I don't see how that applies. I want to burn photo images to a DVD to play on my Plasma TV. I have the Ultra/Enhanced v7+ of Nero. I'm not looking for a "size" advantage as would be needed for an iPod, but a "quality" advantage for a HDTV showing.

I burned a movie of the same images with Pinnacle Studio Plus and the quality seemed to be much better. I think it uses the MPEG-4 codec.

6. zapatero

zapatero Member

From the Nero website:
    "Nero Digital™ is a complete audio/video codec solution, based on the MPEG-4 standard... It delivers DVD-quality at a compression rate far greater than MPEG-2...".
    It seems that you don´t get better quality with Nero Digital, only smaller file size. Anyway, you can create a DVD-Video (MPEG-2) slide show using Vision, then recode it to Nero Digital with Recode, and compare the quality.
    Also check the "high-definition" features in last Nero 7 version.