1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's my avi file

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by StAshlar, Oct 7, 2004.

1. StAshlar

StAshlar Member

Ok, this is weird - and I haven't been here for a while so apologies if this has been posted recently and dealt with elsewhere.

Anyway, just rebuilt my PC and reinstalled Kazaa lite. Have just finished downloading what should be an AVI file. However, when downloading the file downloads as a DAT and normally becomes an AVI on completion of the download. Not this time however. Very strange. So I changed the file type to AVI just to see what would happen. Nothing on my PC will play the file however, if I run it through TMPGENC it appears to start encoding BUT it tries to turn a 700MB file into an 8GB file. Never experienced this before or heard of anyone else experiencing it so all help greatfully received.

Cheers,

Lash

2. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Could be a fake file

3. StAshlar

StAshlar Member

Wish it was tat simple but had been checking it out with AVI preview and it was fine. Also like I said, I tried to encode it and that was working too. Unfortunately, it has now vanished from my hard drive and no matter how hard I look, I can't find it.

Very strange

Lasher

4. djcsurf

djcsurf Guest

Have you tried using the search function in the start menu !!

5. StAshlar

StAshlar Member

'Fraid so!

Searched by name, by file type, by file size (there aren't many 700MB files on my hard-drive, believe me!) It is gone. Had this problem before when I've been halfway through a large download and suddenly the file simply vanishes.

Anyone with any clues??

Lasher