1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where's the best place to buy swap magic?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by tdude51, Apr 1, 2005.

1. tdude51

tdude51 Member

hey i just got the new slim ps2 and i was thinkin of gettin the swap magic and magic switch or slim tool or whatever it's called combo. does anyone know the best website to buy them from? i live in usa. thanks.

2. Rubbish

Rubbish Member

I bought mine at the Giant Store.

3. kingjake

kingjake Guest

Not modchip.com - I order mine in mid February and still have not received it. They are in Spain I later found out. They just sent me an email yesterday stating that the order must have got lost in the mail and they are sending me a replacement. This after I emailed them a week ago with a what's up.

4. DawnBob42

DawnBob42 Guest

5. Trainp

Trainp Member

This place is the best www.modchipinc.com it wil lredirect you to their other website...i order the swap magic disk on monday late night and i received it on wed plus a a year ago i got the flip cover top and SM combo here for cheap......

6. mc_holla

mc_holla Member

Okay I also bought one of the new slim ps2s. I have to one with the pop top and not the slide out version. I am on the www.modchipinc.com website but im not sure what exactly I have to buy to made my ps2 backup-game ready. I was thinking of getting the slim ps2 ghost switch and magic swap disk 3.3 combo. WIll this be all the hardware i need?

7. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

I'd say the majority overall here likes the 'slimtool' better than the other tools for this swap method. However, i myself haven't tried any of the tools.

8. steimy

steimy Active member

9. Ednasaunt

Ednasaunt Member

Best place to buy swap magic and the slimtool is http://www.slimtool.co.uk or http://www.slimtool.us
    These sites manufacture the slimtool so you won't get ripped off by other sites claiming to sell the slimtool then send you a crappy magic switch which is crap.
    slimtool.co.uk are now selling swap magic V3.6 delivery times are less than 7 days, no waiting, your order gets sent straight out and they offer full after sales service as well.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  10. kingjake

kingjake Guest

modchip.com finally came through for me and resent my SM3.3 discs. They are working with games I previously could not get working. Modchip.com is now off my $hit list.

11. Slots2

Slots2 Guest

Ultimate Console Guides.com . I ordered flip top and SM 3.3 received in under 5 days . That was after waitng 2 weeks for Modchip order that I cancelled.

12. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Back when I used them, I ordered from ps2fliptop.com

13. Smok86

Smok86 Member

Hi, i went to the website that someome said: Slimtool.us and I'm a little confused. They're selling the slimtool for 14.99 and is that all i need to be able to play my back ups? or do i need to buy the software too, the swap magic discs, which sell for a lot more. Also it says that the slimtool is compatible with PS2 SCPH-7000, how do i figure out which version i have?
    Thanks