1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which audio channel

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jackthe, Jan 26, 2005.

1. jackthe

jackthe Member

sometimes backing up and re-authoring there are more than one English audio channels to select from. Such as ac3.2 or ac5.1 etc.. If I only want to save one, which is best?

2. dagaguru

dagaguru Member

i dont know how u your home theater or surround sound is set up, but i always just keep the highest quality sound ( if there is 5.1 dolby or 6.1 DTS i take the 6.1) I have noticed if i pick the lower quality, my surround sound doesn't sound as good. ( I have a bose 6.1 system) I hope this helps. If u do not have a surround system or home theater, and just watch through the tv or PC speakers i would just stick with the 2ch sound because it doesnt make much difference in that case and u will have a better compression ratio. Good luck- DAGAGURU

3. dagaguru

dagaguru Member

i dont know how u your home theater or surround sound is set up, but i always just keep the highest quality sound ( if there is 5.1 dolby or 6.1 DTS i take the 6.1) I have noticed if i pick the lower quality, my surround sound doesn't sound as good. ( I have a bose 6.1 system) I hope this helps. If u do not have a surround system or home theater, and just watch through the tv or PC speakers i would just stick with the 2ch sound because it doesnt make much difference in that case and u will have a better compression ratio. Good luck- DAGAGURU