1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which audio streams to retain?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by swadewade, Oct 11, 2004.

1. swadewade

swadewade Member

In the realm of CloneDVD2, when it comes to selecting audio streams, I see alot of people say to just pick one stream to free up space for the main movie. Naturally, I can see why I don't need foreign language streams. And I would assume I'd want 6 channel over 2 channel when it comes to the main movie (I understand that "extras" require 2 channel, as they don't use 6). What I'm curious about is that I'll see that there's 2 AC-3/2 english channels assigned to the main movie sometimes; why 2? I usually deselect one, but why are there 2 to begin with? Also, if I were to only select the DTS audio stream that is available on some discs, will I have no sound if I don't have DTS support on my player/tuner? Just curious.

2. iggypjg

iggypjg Member

portable players use 2 channel setup. If you delete 2ac-3/2 backing up your dvd,you will have a picture, but no sound. pjg.

3. swadewade

swadewade Member

as we speak, I'm backing up Family Guy Season 1. Now, I've got 7 "episodes" on a disc....but it shows that episodes 5 and 7 have 2 seperate ac-3/2 streams, whereas all the other episodes only have one ac-3/2 stream.....why is that?