1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Authoring Program supports Subtitles?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by WandererZ, Aug 14, 2002.

1. WandererZ

WandererZ Member

Hi, i'm making DVDs that need switchable subtitles, I can use SubRip to rip the subtitles from the VOB files, but i cannot find a way to import that subtitle file to my authoring program. I'm currently using SpruceUP. Please help.

2. Icebox75

Icebox75 Guest

I also rely heavily on subtitles, since i do alot of video editing for deaf people.

I bought DVDit! and found out later on, that it doesn't support subtitle import. I downloaded then a trial version of ReelDVD. It will support subtitles, but you will have to import them picture by picture, or if you want a "batch" import you will have to write an .sst file to do that (explained in ReelDVD help file).

The Program is very picky with the picture format and I have not yet created a video with subs myself.

I looked on the internet for the past 2 days on subtiles, but there is no real help out there.

I know how to do permanent subs in videos like AVI, VCD, SVCD and and and, but VOB with sub nope.

I will need some help too with that.

THANKS

3. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

Scenarist and DVDMaestro supports subtitles. Doom9 has a guide on subtitling with DVDMaestro.

4. Icebox75

Icebox75 Guest

Thanks again...

I downloaded MaestroSTB, and it helped me creating the .sst file that I need plus the BMP's in the right size (I was suprised, that it did that in under 1 min.) (instead of doing it manually one at a time what takes hours)

Now I can Add subs to VOB's thru ReelDVD.

5. tgalaj

tgalaj Member

Could you tell us the link to download trial of "MaestroSTB"?

6. WandererZ

WandererZ Member

Thanks for the info, i got DVDMaestro, and now i can import subtitles.

Answer to tgalaj: MaestroSBT is freeware, u can download it from Doom9.org.

7. tgalaj

tgalaj Member

Anyone would like to share DVDMaestor's tutorials or manuals? (I'm not talking about the document on doom9.org)