1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which burning software was used?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Yuriv, Jul 13, 2003.

1. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

Is there anyway to find out what burning program was used to burn a DVDr? I have a new DVD player (gift) that will only play one of my DVD-Rs, and of course it is one that I didn't make and don't know how it was made!
    I have tried using CopytoDVD and various methods with Nero, as well as several varieties of media, but none of the resulting discs will play. The player doesn't even recognize Nero-burned discs as DVDs, whereas the CopytoDVD discs just spin on as "loading" indefinitely.
    Obviously the machine can read DVD-R media, as one will work, so I figure it must be the burn process that is the differentiating factor. The machine is an LG DA-3530.
    Thanks

2. d.pease

d.pease Member

i use nero 5582 to burn my dvd-r and i use only verbatim after several tries with others, these work the best for movies and ps2 games. on the movies. first play on your computer for a minute so that the files open up. use smartripper which you can get off of kazaa and do a search for the instructions on which files to choose. if the movie is a dual layer as in over 4.7 gig i select all files then compress them using dvd2one also on kazaa. then using nero i select the compressed files and burn. you can get most of the instructions right of the internet for both dvd2one and smartripper. i think there might even be a forum for that exact same thing in here. check it out

3. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

HEy,
    Thanks for the input, but I have no trouble with any part of the backup process (I usually use DVD2one + CopytoDVD).
    The problem is that all of the DVD backups I have made work on my old player, but none work on my new player except for one that I didn't make. (prooving that the new player can, however, read DVD-R media).
    What I want to know is if there is a tool I can use to find out what program was used to burn the one backup that does work.

4. d.pease

d.pease Member

not sure about that. currently my dvd player only plays dvd's no + and no- so i am watching them on ps2. the same dvd player plays cd's and only cdrw, but the first disk i got with my old cd burner way back when was a cd-r and it did play in that dvd player. i guess it is just trial and error until you find the right media. or do what i am gonna do and get another dvd player that plays everything. (panasonic at best buy 89.00 with progressive scan does it all cdrw and - dvd+ and -) thats all i can think of in less of course someone else knows about a different type of media your player will play dvd-r with. sorry

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member