1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which camera is better?

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by dtdfever, Sep 22, 2005.

1. dtdfever

dtdfever Guest

5 MP with 12x optical zoom

or

8 MP with 3x optical zoom

Thanks

2. Hmmmh

Hmmmh Regular member

What can you say to this... After thinking this for a while and consulting experts I would say go for the 12x optical zoom if you need long zoom, and go for the 8MP if you need a lot of megapixels.

Do you have any other information about these cameras?

3. blue1

blue1 Guest

5 MP with 12x optical zoom

4. NEMESIS04

NEMESIS04 Regular member

im a advance photographer , and ill go for the 12x optimal zoom 5MP ,

in professional photographie u will need at least 6x optimal zoom !
    and the manuel focus is needed too !

5. Hmmmh

Hmmmh Regular member

Gee... I thought it was picture quality that matters, instead of zoom...

I really don't know how big zoom makes pictures better, or how it would be so important? As a rule of thumb, I would say the shorter the focal length, the better the pictures. Zoom (or increasing focal length) increases your aperture value and by that lowers your shutter speed, resulting fuzzy pictures.

Walk closer and you always end up with a better picture.

Manual focus is good, but works good only if you can adjust it by rotating the front of the lens. In "pocket" size cameras it doesn't usually work properly.

I would suggest buying the camera with better picture quality (doesn't mean more pixels) and options that you need. Good auto features for easy shooting or versatile manual settings for advanced shooter. But with those specs that you have provided, I wouldn't say anythig...

6. webhedreg

webhedreg Guest

I would go for a Digital SLR, you can then change lenses as you want, you get what you pay for, and if using different lenses for different shoots you will always end up with better results. I'm using the EOS 350D, great camera with fantastic picture quality.