1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which card to get ?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by cscottm, Jul 4, 2011.

1. cscottm

cscottm Member

Hi Everyone,

I have a DS Lite & a DSI. I am looking for a card that will work with both of these (along with possibly a DSI XL & a 3DS).

A couple cards I keep reading about people recommending is Acekard 2i & & Supercard DsTwo. Are these two cards good? Which one would you recommend & why?

What is the difference between the two cards besides the Supercard has GBA emulation ?

Last looking for a good/reliable site to order from. Are there any decent site located in the U.S. or are most in China/Hong Kong?

Thanks

2. StephenKu

StephenKu Member

Just choose a 3DS flashcard , then it can work on your DS/DSi/3DS.....Acekard 2i, DSTwo and R4i gold 3ds are all great cards ! If you dont care about the price , then choose a DSTwo, but i like AK2i myself......it is hard to find legal site based in USA because of the law problem , but you can find lots of eshops can ship to USA fast and safe.....99% of them come from china you know, just google and find some of them,By the way, if your DSi has updated to V1.43, you can not choose Acekard temporarily because ak team havenr released the patch for V1.43 ....

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  3. GBX_Lee

GBX_Lee Regular member

Supercard DSTwo

This is the definitive, best cart available for DS systems.

- Near 100% compatibility with games with the only hiccups being in older titles. Many of these have been fixed though.
    - Great, Slot 1 GBA Emulator. This isn't the absolute best out there, but considering the price of the cart and the DSi's lack of a Slot 2, this is absolutely amazing.
    - SNES Emulator that easily surpasses the shoddy homebrew emulators available to all.
    - Many plug ins for ease of use in many aspects
    - Great media support for music and video
    - Many fun extras for in game
    - Supports large MicroSD cards

The list goes on and on making this cart just flat out amazing. I can not recommend anything over it, but I can give a more simple choice for those looking for something less extravagant.

Acekard2i

The Acekard2i is an excellent cart with the use of the third party AKAIO firmware.

- Great compatibility and supports patched games well
    - Inexpensive
    - Supports large MicroSD cards
    - Great cart for the cost

This cart lacks all of the bells and whistles of the DSTwo but serves all the possible needs of somebody just looking to play DS games.

For the sites, I recommend silickgate.com where I bought several flashcart, fast shipping also if you purchase microSD together, they'll help upgrade the flashcart for free.