1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which chip? and please double check version for me.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by cornflake, Jan 13, 2004.

1. cornflake

cornflake Member

Hello, I have a Version 9 PS2 I believe, if someone can double check me that would be great. its a SCPH50001 with a date code of 3B. I am going to have a chip installed, but cant decide on either a V 50K or a SmartChip for my Version 9 PS2? can I get anyones opinions? I am going to be using it for backed up games of course, and can anyone tell me if both of them allow me to go online with the original copy of the game? I know some chips dont go into sleep mode. Thanks

2. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold] If your model # is SCPH-50000, 50001, 50002, 50003 or 50004 AND if you can find DATE CODE 3D, you have a V10 PS2. If your model # is SCPH-50000, 50001, 50010, 50002, 50003 or 50004 you have a V9 PS2 main board. so cornflake, it look like you have a v9. and i would recommend magic v 50k instead of the smart chip. i never heard of smart chip that much but i heard many good things about magic v. right now i think magic v is the 2nd best chip out there. and also yes you can play originals online but you need to put the chip into sleep mode.

3. cornflake

cornflake Member

ok, thanks for the post, what is the best chip. I think that the smartchip flex 5 and the 50K are the only 2 for the Version 9 but what is the best chip out there? and also, how do you operate the 50K chip as far as put it into sleep mode and also playing DVD's and PS1 games? thanks

4. account

account Guest

5. Cyclonick

Cyclonick Member

IMO dms3 is the best chip.. or at least.. it is very stable, flash upgradable, lets you put a big hdd, ahm.. plays imports, backups, i think it can automatically convert pal games too.. or ntsc depending from where you are.. if i'm wrong on the last one, at least i know that there are programs to convert games between the two. i know not everyone has the $$ to buy the more expensive chip, but I truly believe that with the extra features found on dms3, it's a very good investment

6. account

account Guest

are you serious cause i have been getting pissed off trying to get my pal game to play in color but if it converts it completly then i'll get it

this has nothing to do with the above i am not advertising i am just doing this to make 2 cents per click this will be on all my posts
    http://www.modchip.com/clickcgi/click.cgi?goodcheats

7. cornflake

cornflake Member

does anyone know where I can find a list of games that are PAL so I know whether to get the other chip because the smartchip corrects the PAL/NTSC color problem, but the V50K chip does not.. but if the PAL format is not common then I wont worry about it

8. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

9. account

account Guest

i have heard that the patches don't fix the color but just the size of the screen

this has nothing to do with the above i am not advertising i am just doing this to make 2 cents per click this will be on all my posts
    http://www.modchip.com/clickcgi/click.cgi?goodcheats

10. account

account Guest

11. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold] o ok. sorry about the link. i dont why it doesnt but if you see devilhunt somewhere in the forums you can see the that link on his signature.