1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which chip for ps 2?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Zachary, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Zachary

Zachary Guest

I know a lot of you have an opinion on this one... I am going to purchase a new ps2 soon (my version 5 is worn out, don't want to invest in a chip). Soldering is no problem (I have been using psx modchips for 5 years).

The advertisement on some sites is a bit confusing about the Magic V... some say there are knockoff versions, but they all claim to have the genuine article.

On modchip.ca, they claim the Magic V chip is compatible with v10. Am I better off getting the DMS 3 or Messiah? I am a bit confused on which ones actually work with the v10. Are they all "boot-all" chips? Are any of these easier to install than the other?

I appreciate all inpu. Btw, I am very pleased to have found this forum!! Lots of great info here!!

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

well, firstly just 'cause you've soldered on ps1 don't think soldering on ps2 will be a breeze. as far as some being easier then others to install... for the ones you mention they pretty much all have the same amount of wires and are equaly difficult. There's a mod called DUO which is only 17 wires compared to the 23 of others.

3. Ender88

Ender88 Regular member

If you're planning on just booting up games, then get the Messiah 2. If you want features like DiVX capability or special stuff like that, then get the DMS3. but from the sounds of it, you're just wanting to play games without problems. I'd go with the Messiah 2, I have and I've never had any problems and don't regret anything.