1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which chip to get?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Raz1717, May 31, 2007.

1. Raz1717

Raz1717 Member

Hello afterdawn. I was wondering if I could get some input on which modchip to get for a ps2 v4 nogap model.
    I believe I'm going to buy from mod-chip.com. I have been looking at these two chips: Matrix Infinity Green Dot **Full Kit** and the Crystal Pro v2.0 **Full Kit**.
    I don't really understand the difference in the two. However I'm quite new to modding consoles. I basically want to be able to take a game, put it on any type of disk (cd-r dvd-r etc... I also heard that some chips don't support multi-disk games? I want one that supports that) and be able to put it into my PS2 and play without having to screw around with alot of stuff (if anything at all). So I was hoping to get some suggestions and opinions.

2. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

OMG i opened a HUGE debate thread about this. It is called TeamModders. Look for it.

Get crystal.

3. Raz1717

Raz1717 Member

Hey man thanks for the response. I checked out that thread and I'm leaning towards the crystal. I just have one question. I noticed it doesnt play backups? I have an idea as to what a "backup" is however I want to be sure. I want to take my store bought games. burn them to disks and play them. will it do this? Also I noticed someone spoke of "hacked firmware" on the TM site to make it play the "backups". Have you tried this, does it work?

Thanks again I appreciate it a lot.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2007
  4. steimy

steimy Active member

no chip will play back ups without "hacked" firmware. And yes it will work. Decide how far you want your modding to go and that will give you your answer for a chip. Crystal Chip V2.0 is a great choice as it has built in auto patching to play backups online (without having to manually patch them) and you can get programs to run an internal hard drive (if you have a fat model PS2.

5. Raz1717

Raz1717 Member

Ok thanks for the info steimy I really appreciate it. Thanks omrisama as well :]

6. PYF

PYF Member

Which version of Crystal Chip is good..the Pro or SLE?

7. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

SLE probably. The newest PS2 inferior mod.

8. PYF

PYF Member

cheers

9. Raz1717

Raz1717 Member

Hey guys just had another question come to mind. I noticed on the TM site it says they have the Crystal Chip 1.0 & 1.1 Firmware v19 (hacked and legit). Do they only work on the 1.0 and 1.1 chips or the 2.0 as well? Or should i be looking harder for the 2.0 firmware?

EDIT: Or should i just get the crystal chip 1.1?

Thanks again in advance guys, appreciate it.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2007
  10. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

get the 2.0.

11. Raz1717

Raz1717 Member

alright thx again.

12. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

The CC2.0 is slightly older then the newer CC2.0 SLE that http://www.norcalmods.com is offering. The SLE has a bigger flash then the standard CC2.0.