1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Company/Brand?

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by Enigma346, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Enigma346

Enigma346 Member

I am looking to build a computer one a website or customize my own. I was wondering what company would be the best to look at? I am looking for fair prices along with people who know how to build a PC neatly. There are companies out there like Origin, Cyberpower and so on who build them. I just want to know who would be the best to go through?

2. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

There is several threads here that address your question.

Thing is, one company may make a certain part. However other companies may use the same part or buy them in bulk relabeling them with their own brand name.

I purchase known high reliability parts like Gigabyte, NVidia, Cyberpower and Crucial. You really don't need a zillion watt power supply. The supply is rated for all parts and peripheral running @100% 24/7. That never happens. I run two hard drives, 2 Blu-Ray (Plextor, Pioneer) burners one SSD, Gigabye GA-EX58 Extreme. 12 gigs of RAM. i920 @3.8GHz.4 USB devices, NVidia 295GTX. All that stuff has been running for almost 4 years with an 800W supply for all this time.

Tom's hardware does intermittent power supply testing. What you will find is a 1200W rated supply may die with <700W or 800W load. A well built lower rated supply my cruise along for years.

There's really no reason for me to upgrade. Except for some auto racing (Logitech G25), I'm not a gamer.
    Jeff

3. Enigma346

Enigma346 Member

What I meant was which company is best or at the top of their game for building custom gaming pcs. I know about parts. I just want to be able to deal with a good company to build the pc. I know how to build my own, I just don't want to.

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

5. Enigma346

Enigma346 Member

Looks like a nice company but they are a little steep on prices.

6. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Yes, as will the majority of these type of companies be. How do you think they make their money?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  7. phonix01

phonix01 Member

hai pal just go with cyberpower pc's its the best one

8. berrymartin

berrymartin Member

I agree with you Phonix01, cyberpower pc's are best one, Its offers uninterruptible power systems, power surge protectors, power distribution units, portable power converters, computer peripherals, and related accessories.

9. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

the builder isn't a main issue.whats important is whats inside the box.looks at the parts inside the machine and decide what parts you want in the box, also look at the price you want to pay for parts and the mark ups.

from big companies to tiny 1 store companies building computers isn't that hard.its just safer to use a business should something go wrong.

i used a local asian computer store to build mine when i got it.had a minor hick up when i got mine as it had the wrong type of ram took it back sorted in a couple of hours and its going on just over 3 years and still runs fine.