1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which customised firmware is preferable?

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Brutus_X, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Brutus_X

Brutus_X Member

Hi!

Being relatively new to the PSP scene I hope you will be lenient if this question has already been asked and/or answered.

Since I am interested in running emulatiors, running and developing homebrews, and backuping my UMDs, I understood that customised firmwares are necessary. After a few days of initial research I installed Dark Alex's 2.71SE-C firmware, which seems to work smashing.

While searching I did however find that there is a plenitude of OE firmwares to choose from, and 2.71SE is not among the newer. Then again it also seems that in the PSP world newer is not always better.

Thus, my question is, seeing that 2.71SE, 3.0xOE, 3.10OE, 3.30OE and 3.40OE are options at the time of this post, which one is the currently most suitable firmware to use? What is the real difference between these? What are their benefits and disadvantages?

I realise this is a big question, but I haven't found any good, compiled answer to this.

Regards!

2. ps2gen

ps2gen Regular member

3.40oea
    Way better,

3. shadow270

shadow270 Guest

3.30 oe and 3.40 oe are the best..since they have high firmwares,3.03 and 3.10 are getting out of date since some games already require 3.30 fw.

4. Brutus_X

Brutus_X Member

Ok, and one will not lose any capabilities or contract any other disadvantages by using the 3.30oe or 3.40oe?

5. shadow270

shadow270 Guest

nop..you´ll just gain more capabilities.

6. Brutus_X

Brutus_X Member

Thanks, sounds great! I was wondering why this hadn't been asked before but it is probably because the answer is so obvious to you already in the know... :) I've been scared stiff after reading so much about PSPs going to Brickville, losing ISO caps etc etc. :p