1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which deal is better for a ps3?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by sinarades, May 26, 2007.

1. sinarades

sinarades Regular member

Hi, Iam buying a ps3 soon and i have 3 options for 3 stores to buy it at. Iam from canada so the prices are different from the US prices. Here are my options I can buy a ps3 60gb from ebgames for 659.99 with no warenty or games. My second options is from best buy for 699.99 for the console 60gb no games no warenty and my third is from costco for 789.99 with 1 extra controller and a game genji days fo the blade with a 1 year warenty. I can afford any of these choices but i would like to see what people think the best choice is.

2. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Well at ebgames they also have that deal where you trade in 10 games that are worth $8 or more and you get a PS3 for $399, and if you can afford them all get the Costco one because it's probably a better deal in the long run. I got the $399 from ebgames because I dont wanna spend that much on a ps3 yet, I'm saving my money, and I needed to get rid of my games after my PS2 memory card's battery ran out. Good Luck.

3. sinarades

sinarades Regular member

Ok i wanted to know if ps3 break downlike 360's red ring of death. Because i might just get it at ebgames with no warenty.

4. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Well, I've had mine for like a week, and it hasn't broken down or anything. Oh, the only thing is it can get hot, i havn't had mine crash or anything, but it gets hot so don't game on it for like a day straight with it close to walls lol.

5. sinarades

sinarades Regular member

Ok thanks for the reply. Oh and did you perchase a warenty form ebgames when you got your ps3?

Last edited: May 26, 2007
  6. CoastLife

CoastLife Regular member

Do you have Target in canada because im from the US and i got a 60 gb system with a 3 year warranty from Target... 600 for the system and 59 for the warranty but with tax it came to like 690 which i think was a pretty great deal.

7. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Figure out how much gas or shipping you will spend on getting the cheaper one.....

8. jesse286

jesse286 Regular member

Yeah I got mine at ebgames and did that 399.99 thing and the price turned out to be like 490.90$ and that's with tax so that deal has some tricks to it but I happy I got mine for 399.99 or yeah and the final price only matters on what games you bring in like older games you won't get lots of money for so if you do, then you might wanna have some newer games handy I figured that out the hard way.

P.S. sports games aren't worth as much cause they release a new one every year like hockey and wrestling and football etc..

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  9. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

No I didn't, i wasnt even thinking about that at the time though..lol i probably should've but i dont think my PS3 is gonna break any time soon.

10. cashman91

cashman91 Regular member

Futureshop has it for $700 with a free game That F1 game and a blu-ray either the first pirates or second

11. jesse286

jesse286 Regular member

I'm sure it won't break if you at least take care of it and something like that I'm gonna take care of. So in my eyes purchasing a warranty or a lifetime warranty is good for you people how can't take care of your stuff.

12. tyler123

tyler123 Regular member

425 uk pounds and sonic @ 25 from asda .or walmart for our friends over the pond .i would advise you ,that if you can get the 20 gig version .for way less .get it and replace the 20 to whatever you can afford .got a 320 seagate ext hdd that i will be trying for the hell of it .got the uk 60gig . it is now full of crap to be honest .baby pics etc. yes lots baby video .60 gig is nice for a start .free demo`s take loads of space .have dl all of them .anybody recommend a big 2.5 for a ps3 .like things neat .got a 2 year old boy.picks up everything .fed up of saying no .no .no

13. MDSP

MDSP Regular member

Im from canada too and I bought my ps3 at ebgames with their $399 promotion... no warranty though, never had any issue with it so far, and ive been using it for 2 months now...

pizz