1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which disk

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by blueandy, Jan 25, 2005.

1. blueandy

blueandy Member

There seems to be a lot of conflicting comments as to which disk is best for any one individual. Here in the UK we seem to have less choice of full brand name items.

A supplier I have found www.rambox.co.uk has a couple of dvds Im considering

Verbatim 8X DVD- R or
    Ritek Ridata GO5 8X DVD - R

Having been one of those affected by the poor quality Riteks last year, I now do not know what to do, or which company to trust.

Any feedback on the above disks and company appreciated.

2. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

I've seen Verbatims/Riteks being sold on eBay and Amazon Marketplace by individuals. If you can convince them to ship overseas, you'd still do well considering the US dollar value is equivalent to the Russian ruble now.

3. blueandy

blueandy Member

I know what you mean about being tempting to import them due to exchange rates, trouble is because of order values, then import duties and tax get added and makes them more expensive.

4. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

A lot of people seem to be having problems with recent batches of ritek, so I'd say go with the verbatim. I think they're still pretty reliable.