1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which do you perfer?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Metroid, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Metroid

Metroid Guest

I've been burning a coupple dvd's lately with semi results. I have been using AnyDVD and Nero Recode 2. The end result is somewhat pixelated and freezes a lot and stuff. I use Fiji DVD-R media.

I also have a coupple different programs: clonedvd2, dvd shrink, dvd Decrypter, and smart ripper. To get better results, I'm not sure whether I should be using a different program or a different combination of programs. Or perhaps a different brand of media. Anyhow, I was just wondering if you can give me some of your opionions and stuff on this matter. Thank you.

By the way i have a p4 2.8 gig and windoows xp if it matters.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Bingo! Some great media to try is Ritek RiDATA, Maxell, Verbatim DataLifePlus or taiyo Yuden. Media quality can make a huge difference in the end results as will the burn speed. You might try knocking the burn speed down a notch :)

3. datageek

datageek Member

I use DVD Decrypter and shrink with Nero 6.3 to burn. I have used the TDK's and so far have no problems but now use Ritek GO4's. The 2 coasters that I did have were my fault.

You have some free programs listed and are great from what I can see.