1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which dvd burning programs work with vista?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by eutecjen, Sep 7, 2007.

1. eutecjen

eutecjen Member

I want to use anydvd, dvd shrink and dvd decryptor to burn dvd's. WIll this work with Windows Vista?

2. taylor30

taylor30 Regular member

AnyDvd will work in Vista with No problems.

Dvd Shrink will work but you have to run it in the admin mode under xp compatibility.

Dvd Decrypter won't work in Vista but you can download ImgBurn which is written by the same author and will work fine in Vista. It's Dvd Decrypter updated minus the ripper.

http://www.imgburn.com

Last edited: Sep 7, 2007
  3. paschal93

paschal93 Guest

eutecjen-Dvd Shrink and Dvd Decrypter will both work under vista just follow these steps. You should have to do nothing else. Glad I could help.
    1. Launch MSCONFIG by from the Run menu.

2. Click on the Tools tab. Scroll down till you find "Disable UAC" Click on that line.

3. Press the Launch button.

4. A CMD window will open. When the command is done, you can close the window.

5. Close MSCONFIG. You need to reboot the computer for changes to apply.

4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

All three work fine with Vista although DVD Decrypter will give a meaningless little annoying error when you terminate it. No big.

5. nawlinz

nawlinz Member

I run all 3 of them in Vista with no problems. Just make sure that the UAC is disabled like paschal93 said and you won't have any problems.

6. eutecjen

eutecjen Member

Thank you for your help everyone! These progams worked for a while and burned dvd great and then something happend to Nero and now in DVD Shrink it tells me to install nero so that it can enable burning. I already have nero on my computer. How do I adjust the settings in DVD Shrink so that I will be able to burn a DVD using DVD Shrink and Nero?

7. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

8. eutecjen

eutecjen Member

I have re-installed dvd shrink. How do you autoburn in dvd decryptor? Does ImgBurn work with vista? I have nero 7 and just bought nero 8. Do both versions work with shrink? Thanks for you help!

9. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

If you have DVD Decrypter installed when you install Shrink, Shrink will detect that and give you an option to burn with DVD Decrypter.

Both N7 and N8 work with Shrink and Vista. I think N8 does. It's causing me lots of grief so I've gone back to N7.

Have you tried just outputing an ISO image file from Shrink and burning with ImgBurn? That would be my preference.