1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which DVD Drive?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by neo101, Feb 23, 2005.

1. neo101

neo101 Guest

Can someone please provide me links or advice on which new DVD-Combo drive burns most consistent ps2 backups.

Thanks.

2. neo101

neo101 Guest

ok its seems like the pionner dvr-108 is popular. The dvr-109 is out is it any good? it is around the same price?

3. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

I have a cheap $100 liteon dvd burner and that has never failed me yet for any of my cd and dvd copies.... Have it being games or movies. Your main concern should be more along the lines of what type of media you need. So spending a ton on a dvd burner is pretty much a waste of money, especially if all you want to do is burn games with it. But hey, if you have the $$ and wanna buy a more expensive one, go for it!! Just thought I would share my opinion though, so do whatever you would like.

4. neo101

neo101 Guest

the pioneer 108 and 109 are aound 80/90 dollars.

im glad the liteon works for you, but which drive should I get for under 100 dollars. help!

5. steimy

steimy Active member

I am in love with my Sony DRU-700A. The newest one is the DRU-710A. I know my friend got it for just under $100 on Dell.com. It will burn anything including dual layer discs. Check it out.I paid $130 at Circuit City because i didn't look around enough for the best price, but it was worth every penny.