1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which DVD Player to Buy for DVDRs

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ima49311, Feb 25, 2005.

1. ima49311

ima49311 Regular member

Ok, so i've narrowed down my list of what to buy after returning my Sony Changer. Ive read up at videohelp.com about these but am deadlocked on what to get. Any help as to which one plays more with less hastle regarding disc type or program used to burn. Thanks in advance.

SANYO DWM-400

PIONEER DV-270

PHILLIPS DVP642

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Ok here is my assesment

SANYO DWM-400 Doesn't play RW media

PIONEER DV-270 Supports just about everything except DivX

PHILLIPS DVP642 Supports just about everything except WMA

So it is up to you what you want to be able to read in each player? I wouldnt get the Sanyo, but the other two would be a decision of whether you want to play Windows Media Audio (WMA) or DivX movies. Saying that most would probably rather have the player that can play DivX, but Pioneer is probably a better brand than phillips and if you don't need DivX capability then the Pioneer would be my choice...

Source of my info http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

Have you checked out this one Philips DVP 630? It will play every format just a suggestion

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  3. ima49311

ima49311 Regular member

Im not really worried too much about the formats.. its more a fact of playing my backups fine... i used to have an apex which played everything.. then it died so ibought a sony.. but that played my backups crappy (skipped, froze, jumped chapters, etc).. so the most important thing is to play my backups ok.. most on memorex dvd+r.. thanks again

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Any of those should play your media fine. All I am saying is why not get the one that supports more formats now because you never know later on down the road you may want to play some of those other formats and you will be able to. Not being able to play RW is bad though you may just want to test out burning your dvd's in different ways and don't want to waste your disks doing it so you would use RW disks, but you wouldn't be able to test them out in your player so what good would that do? Just a thought