1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which DVD-R?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dydy, Aug 9, 2003.

1. dydy

dydy Member

Hi i just want to ask which DVD-R is good for copying backup for PS2 games? Right now i'm using mostly Optodisc (blue top) to backup my Dvd movies... Will the Optodisc works fine on PS2 also?

2. telescope

telescope Regular member

I think verbatim and ritek r the brands most used for backing up PS2 games

3. telescope

telescope Regular member

I think verbatim and ritek r the ones normally used for backing up PS2 games

4. dydy

dydy Member

Thanks for the information. I'm using SONY DRU-500AX, and i was wondering which Ritek media is compatible with it? Are there any difference between the Ritek gold top and Ritek silver top ones??

5. baabaa

baabaa Active member

I have a V4 PS2 and used to use the ritek G04 unbranded silver top, however just ran into intermittant issues with them - skipping audio and jerky loading......

This happened on Formula 1 2003 - so I reburned the backup onto Traxdata (with ritek G04 dye) and loading was smooth and no skipping audio...
    Perfect.....

Going to use the Traxdata from now on....

Just my 2 cents....

6. MrToast

MrToast Guest

Mitsui makes the best DVD-R but they are expensive. Find them on ebay for a lower price than the verbatims. Mitsui is the best media around, cdr and dvdr.