1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which dvds for burning ps2 games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Modchip07, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Modchip07

Modchip07 Guest

which brand name or whatever is the best for burning ps2 games , i bought unifino before from crystal mall and the guy said it would be the best for ps2 games , it acuatlly suked , none of the games worked , the dvds were crap.

2. mikeyb25

mikeyb25 Member

I use Sony DVD-R 4X/1X and burn at 1X with DVD Decrypter. Never had a bad disk from them.
    I paid $9.00 US for a pack of ten.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  3. Modchip07

Modchip07 Guest

wow 69.99 $ for a pack of ten , is it better if u burn at 1x? , and i need suggestions for dvds that are not re rightable , im not paying like a 100 $ for 10 discs lol

4. steimy

steimy Active member

I only use Phillips 8X DVD-R myself. They work every time for me. I have both a V5/6 and V7 PS2's and they never have problems with them.
    They cost about $19.99 for 25 or $39.99 for 50
    at Office Depot which if you don't have any still you can get through their web site.

5. Legasus

Legasus Member

I use any type of verbatim discs and they have always worked fine for me. I burn at 2.4x. Usually pick them up off of ebay for like 20-25$ for 25 of them.

6. dbgt1121

dbgt1121 Guest

ahhaha my slim line reads any dvd a game is burned on never ever had any problems

7. pbernstei

pbernstei Member

are you saying the new slimline ps2 reads burned games? cause if so, i'm runnin out and getting myself a new ps2

8. Manh

Manh Regular member

you still need a chip or a flip top mode, or some kind of mod, obviously sony is not going to do the SEGA stupidness

9. steimy

steimy Active member

You could always go online and get a Pre Modded slim PS2 so that it will play you back ups without the swapping. But it will cost you about $315 shipped.
    But to some it is worth the extra $$$

10. justjer

justjer Member

arita(ritek g05)

11. djliamc

djliamc Guest

best media for me is bulkpaq 4x dvd-rs never had a bad game and they are the cheapest on the market £4.99 for 25. i burn them at 2x speed on dvd decrypter and they always work fine.

12. Odintu

Odintu Member

Would it be right if I used a DVD+R if my DVD burner couldn't read DVD-Rs?

13. Donny_Boy

Donny_Boy Member

is Memorex a good product for burning ps2 games?

14. Manh

Manh Regular member

personally haven't used memorex, but i have been hearing that they are good, i use RiData DVD-R and burn at 4x with nero, alcohol and the games works fine.
    Haven't tried burning with DVD Decrypter

15. Donny_Boy

Donny_Boy Member

ok tnks! so the memorex are good to buy! does someone has experience with dvd`s? plz let me know!

16. Takenover

Takenover Member

Q) What is the best DVD media to make PS2 backups with?
    A) There is no BEST media, but based on many opinion polls Ritek G04 Grade "A" media has been the most successful for DVD game backups. (Contributed by _D3DAiM_)

That is from the FAQ in the General forum.

17. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

I'd have to say about 95% of user experiences with Memorex has been bad that I have seen. There have been a few with positive feedback though.

I think with Memorex you never know exactly what you're getting. As i understand, they actually have around 4 or 5 different types of discs that they slap 'Memorex' labels on. Most of which are crap media, 1 of which may be decent.

18. steimy

steimy Active member

dragulaAC is right on that one, i know people who use them, i even have a couple myself that work in my PS2, but i would never go out looking to buy them.
    Stick with some of the other choices you have.
    And to answer the other question, it would be fine to use +R discs if your burner can not do -R, but it is all up to if your PS2 can read them, some can and some have trouble with them.
    Questions about media will vary so much you will probably be very confused as you keep reading this post and getting so many different answers. People can only tell you what works for them, but that does not nessesarily mean it will work for you. I say get a few small 5 packs and try out a few different types, i have found that you can back up movies to just about anything, it's the games that you run into problem. So whatever doesn't work in your PS2 you can always use to back up movies on.

19. Manh

Manh Regular member

i have used many brands, and they all seem to work, i dont think there is really THE BEST brand to us, they all work, as long as u burn slow, and the game is not needing fixes or rebuilts

20. crumb

crumb Member

If you can get hold of "Taiyo Yuden" discs, go for it. Be careful of fakes, cuz they exist.

Taiyo Yuden discs are renowned for their quality and reliability. Fujifilm makes Taiyo Yuden's. Remember that many companies (like Memorex, Fujifilm, TDK) are pretty much just labels for the actual disc. If you want to know the actual manufacturer, there are programs out there that'll tell you.

I use Memorex (prodiscf01 and ritekg05), and personally haven't found much to complain about.

Just hope for the best, I guess!