1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Firmware to use? Patching?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Nealio, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Nealio

Nealio Regular member

Hi, I'm almost ready to mod my Xbox 360, but I have a few questions. I've been reading a lot (all the stickies and searching) and I just cannot seem to find definite answers.

First of all I have a Hitachi GDR-3120L (0046DH) drive. I noticed xbins has 2 different firmwares for this drive (iXtreme 1.2 Rev. 2 and C4EVA_XTRM 2.4 Stealth) Which one should I use? I don't ever really plan on going online, so I'm not sure if this matters with choosing firmware. Can someone explain the differences/compare these two firmwares for me?

Secondly, can someone explain the patching that has to be done on the games? The only info I can seem to find on this is very basic, and I am not understanding what I have to do.

2. budro

budro Regular member

ok, go with ixtreme 1.2 rev 2. it's newer and more advanced

when people talk about 'stealth patching' a game, all that means is that they're adding a PFI.bin DMI.bin and an SS.bin files to their game so they don't get banned as easily from xbox live. all you need for patching is xdvd mulleter

3. Nealio

Nealio Regular member

Thanks for the reply!

So then with ixtreme 1.2 rev. 2 I don't actually have to patch games if I only want to play offline? I'll probably patch them anyways just in case I ever do decide to use Xbox Live--but I'd just like to know.

Also I tried xdvd mulleter a day or two ago (betas 8 and 10) but I get an error with both. It says "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application." I downloaded them from xbins, so I'm not exactly sure why I'm getting this message.

4. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

With iextreme, you have to patch your backups

5. Nealio

Nealio Regular member

OK, well what about the error I'm getting with xdvd mulleter? Does anyone know what I should do to get it working?

6. Nealio

Nealio Regular member

Well I tried the program on a different computer, and now it is working just fine (Beta 10). I have an ISO that I rebuilt, but when I go to view the details on it, two boxes are unchecked under "Xtreme compatibility." They are: "Random Padding" and "iXtreme Compatible." The rest of them are checked.

I'm afraid to burn the game until I'm sure it is ready. Anyone have any idea what to do?

7. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Insert the DMI,PFI,and SS.Bin.What firmware do you have?

8. Nealio

Nealio Regular member

I did download those three patches for this game from softmodfiles and inserted them in XDVDMulleter. I have ixtreme 1.2 rev 2 firmware. Could it be a bad rip/iso--or should it work even though ixtreme compatible is unchecked? It'll be my first Xbox 360 backup so I'd like it to work without making myself a coaster :) By the way the game is NBA Street Home Court (NTSC/USA).

9. budro

budro Regular member

well, unless you really don't want to, i would recommend the kreon samsung dvd drive. fully stealthed rips all in one click

but to answer your question, my guess is that they're bad files, though i'm not sure.

10. Nealio

Nealio Regular member

Alright, thanks for the info. Any idea what causes them to be bad rips? I suppose I'll just have to get that drive and back it up.

11. guessswho

guessswho Regular member

like it's been said, definitely go with the samsung. It's the sh-d162c drive. You can get it preflashed with the kreon firmware. Go to ebay and search for kreon. That's how I got mine.

12. budro

budro Regular member

ebay is definitely the way to go for the kreon drive

13. Donglong

Donglong Guest

Hey Nealio, I too am getting the application error with both mulleter 9 and beta 10.. Did you get to the bottom of what the issue was?

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)"

Does anyone know why would it work on one PC and not another?

14. Donglong

Donglong Guest

p.s. I just bought an infomous sh-d162c Kreon compatable drive from Amazon UK for £12. They stuck £5 P&P on but still a result. Hope it helps some of you.

15. Nealio

Nealio Regular member

Yeah, it turns out one of my computers wasn't updated with .NET Framework 2.0, but my other one was. All you have to do is download and install it, or run windows updates on your PC.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2007