1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which firmware??

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by mtek, Dec 28, 2007.

1. mtek

mtek Member

Ok all this firmware is confussing me!!!BAsically I have a V2.60 and want to play just iso back-ups (.cso)...So would I be right I need to downgrade to V1.5 ??? Then use an iso loader?? Or can my V2.6 load isos via eloader??

Cheers

2. foxrider

foxrider Guest

i recommend you take this route.

1.50>3.52m33-4>3.71m33-4

then you dont have to worry about any iso loaders or whatever.

3. mtek

mtek Member

Thanx

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Downgrade to 1.50 then add custom firmware. I wouldn't bother with any loaders.

I would update to 2.71 official firmware. You can get the update EBOOT HERE.

Rename the file taking off the 8046_ part of the name so it is just EBOOT

Now create a folder named UPDATE and drag the EBOOT file into the UPDATE folder.

Then drag the UPDATE folder to the /PSP/GAME folder on the PSP Memory Stick. Then go to Game Menu Memory Stick and run the 2.71 update. Go to System Settings then System Information and make sure 2.71 is under System Software. If it doesn't say 2.71 then try doing the above steps again.

Now you need to find out what type of motherboard your PSP has.

Open the UMD Bay and check the top right hand corner and see if there is text there.

[​IMG]

If there is text there then you need to go HERE and follow the section under -2.71 PSP (TA-82 or TA-86)

If there is NO text then go HERE and follow the section under -2.71 PSP

After you have downgraded to 1.50 (check system software again and make sure it is 1.50 ) Go HERE to update to 3.52 M33-4.

If you want the latest custom firmware then go HERE instead to create a Pandora Battery + Magic Memory Stick to install 3.71 M33-4 + 1.50 ADD ON-2.

After you have updated to 1 of the above custom firmware go HERE to get your ISO/CSO games working properly.

5. mtek

mtek Member

Thanx thats very helpfull....After ive done it ,How do you load the iso then??

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Place the ISO in the ISO folder and play game via Game Menu Memory Stick.

7. mtek

mtek Member

Thanx ..followed your guide and am now @ 3.52 M33-4.....Nice!!!

Do I really need the 3.71 update or will the 3.52 M33-4 suffice for what I need it for (just .iso)

Thanx