1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Flashcart can Work on the New 3DS /xl ?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by nicolasgomez596, Sep 2, 2014.

1. nicolasgomez596

nicolasgomez596 Newbie

Hi, guys. Anybody knows that when will the new 3ds reach in Europe and U.S.? Want to buy one soon, so is it worth it? If not , then which one would you recommend. and i want to get a flashcart (an r4 or something) to run DS games, so which card can work on the new 3ds console. What are my options? Sorry for all my stupid questions. Any help would be appreciated.

Update: Thanks for the replies people, you're great. My father gave me the old 3ds xl as a gift, so i will not purchase the new 3ds in a short time. made my chocie to get the r4i gold 3ds that most people suggested. Just received the card today, share the great news with you guys. I already tested it and work well. Love it, thanks.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  2. bushong

bushong Newbie

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  3. saywer

saywer Newbie

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  4. axcbb

axcbb Member

if the new 3ds use the same system as old 3ds, i think you can use R4i or DSTwo flashcarts to play NDS roms,
    and you can't use gateway 3ds card to play 3DS roms, because new released consoles are in newest V8.1.0-19 firmware

5. kerylan

kerylan Newbie

Confirmed by new 3ds users, r4 3ds card like r4i gold 3ds,r4i sdhc 3ds and other cards can work on the new console as well.

6. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

be careful not all carts work...

And be ready for another update in other countries nintendo is known for increasing security where it likes to in select regions so it's a never ending battle with drm updates and figuring out how to out do them