1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which flip top will work with a SCPH-77001SS

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jhardluck, Apr 16, 2007.

1. jhardluck

jhardluck Member

Can anyone give me some advice as to which fliptop cover will work for this version. My v7 just burned out. I bought a new slim PS2 this weekend. I was using a fliptop with swap disc with my old PS2 and I was extremely happy with this set up. I just need to know the best flip top for my new silver PS2. I have seen where some people are calling it a v15. Also if anyone can give me advice on the best place to order it at the best price. I previously used ps2fliptop.net when I bought my old fliptop. I was happy with the service but, I saw that their shipping price has greatly increased.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

best bet if for you to get a set of Magic Keys II and install those, then you can use swap magic with the original flip top it came with.

Option 2 is getting a good mod chip installed.

3. jhardluck

jhardluck Member

I do not want to use a mod chip. I was really happy with just a flip top set up. I was trying to stay away from magic keys because I read alot of complaints about this set up. The main reason I just want to use a fliptop is because of the ease of use for my kids. There was nothing to using this method and both my kids were using the swap disc/ flip top method fine. Anyone know which flip top I can use for the SCPH-77001SS model and best place to get it.

4. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Actually, if you're lucky enough, you can look through the forums here for the tissue mod. It's easy and a dirt cheap method replacement for the Magic Key II set and much easier to do. I personally have done so on my silver slim PS2. Of course, if you do buy the Magic Key set, be careful you don't accidently use this 'particular' key from the Magic Key set when your PS2 is running.

Anyway, I can't find this specific thread myself but maybe you'll have better luck. Sorry for not being of much further help.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  5. jhardluck

jhardluck Member

Since my last posting I have actually done the tape/tissue mod. My 3.6 Swap Magic cd seems to work but, the system does not recognize my 3.6 DVD. Any ideas to why it is not working. The DVD works fine in other playstations. I found a site that had a decent deal for the slim flip top to be used with Swap Magic. I have considered buying this to see if it works. The site says it works on version 12-16. I assume the new flip top will block all of the sensors so, no other mods would be necessary. I don't understand why my current set up is not working unless the 3.6 dvd will not work with this model.