1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which format is better???

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by db62, Mar 2, 2007.

1. db62

db62 Member

Hi...
    I am a TOTAL newie to the PSP scene. I have done alot of reading on here and I know I have a ton more of reading to go. My question is for those of you that make back-ups of your originals. Do most of you keep them as ISO's for your memory stick or do you make them into CSO's for your memory stick? If you do make them into CSO's, is the WHOLE game intact but just compressed or do you loose some portion of the game or gameplay? Thanks to all in advance.

Dan

2. superduty

superduty Guest

CSO's are just compressed. It really just depends on the size of your memory stick. If you have a 4gig mem. stick keepem iso. If you have 1gig some iso to large, so compress to cso to fit. Some (very few) cso's lag a little, nothing noticable usually.

3. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

it doesn't blank out any portion. the more you compress it, the slower the game is. but it doesn't matter because if you can adjust the cpu clock speed in any loader and custom firmware. it drains your battery fast though. for instance from 222mhz-333mhz, add at least 50%-100% consumption to it so a 9 hour gameplay on a 222mhz would only mean a 4-6 hours of gameplay into a 333mhz speed. cso or iso, it doesn't matter. the thing that matters most is your convenience. it is more convenient to have your memory stick loaded w/ the maximum number of games possible unless you wish to transfer your isos more often. :)

4. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

That's not true, only the "higher end" games like SCE, Outrun, GTA, with better textures and whatnot, will exhibit characteristics of lag when compressed. It has to do with the decompression.

5. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

^sorry, i forgot to specify high end games. :(