1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which game shark should i use

Discussion in 'PS2' started by tech2003, Nov 8, 2003.

1. tech2003

tech2003 Member

I have a ps2. I have the Swap Magic 2. everone knows that you can use burned playstaton one games with it. they say use a game shark. which one? v2 ? and when i test it should I do the same swap like way that i do with Swap Magic 2?

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

I think they mean use a ps1 gameshark.

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

You have to use the Gameshark2 V2 gameshark to get it to work.Take the PS1 disc that comes with it and use that for PS1 games.Peace L-Burna

4. account

account Guest

couldn't you just buy a ps1 gameshark for ps1 because thats alot cheaper than buying a gameshark2 v2 cause i already have the v3 one and i too want to play ps1 games

5. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I'm not really sure if you could use a PS1 gameshark,because the Gameshark2 V2 disc should be stronger than a PS1 gameshark.I am just going by what I use maybe somebody with a PS1 gameshark can help you out.It might work if you have one try it out.To get it to boot put your gameshark in should have a dongle with it(gameshark memory card).When you want to use codes just click on the codes you want and start with codes when it says insert your game and press X.Try to use the swap card/fliptop method if it doesn't work.You might have to get a Gameshark2 V2.Peace L-Burna

6. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

swaping a ps2 GS V2 3.00 with a ps1 backup will not make the ps2 boot the game... it will stay at black screen untill you reset the ps2...

try using a GS 4.00 for psx.. that should boot ps1 games nice.... or you can get GS lite that also works wonders on ps1 backups.... if im not mistaken when you buy the AR v2 2.34 you get the bonus disk correct?... the bonus disk also boots ps1 backups with a swap... besides the GS for psx is really cheap now about $10 if im correct... so get ONE of the next disks...

GS lite
    GS v4.00
    GSv2 bonus disk
    GS psx
    ARv2 bonus disk

they all boot ps1/psx backups with a swap have fun now ^_^

7. tech2003

tech2003 Member

thanks guy for all the help. I just order a game shark today. I would rather buy a game shark instead of some boot disk that way I could use cheat codes and boot my games. thanks again guys

8. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

I had just bought another gameshark V2 a few weeks ago off ebay, this guy had a couple hundred he was selling, brand new, so they went for 12$ shipped.