1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which games support...?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by EvilJohn, Mar 10, 2005.

1. EvilJohn

EvilJohn Guest

hello,
    i'm new at this forum, and i just ordered a modchip for my playstation 2 so i can finally play my backups.
    but i've read the thread about gt4 and i'm kinda worried right now if there are more games on the ps2 that are impossible to backup?
    is there a list of games that are unable to backup?
    i ordered a Matrix Infinity Homebrew (Blue DOT) (V1-V12)-chip and i was wondering if this is a good choice and if it is possible to play all games (as well as bought games as backuped games) with this chip?
    can somebody plz help me ?

2. abx

abx Guest

Here is a list of games. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/84252

The ones listed under DVD9 are just like GT4. They are too big to fit on one normal DVD5. There are ways to split some games or buy DVD9 media at about $7.00 a disk but I am not familiar with the process. All the other games fit on a DVD5. All of these can be backed up. I read that some newer games my require a little work to get them to play but I have not had to anything special to any of them. I guess it depends on you mod chip. Mine is over two years old and it still lets me back up even new games without any modification of the ISO file. Make sure you buy a high quality media. I use Taiyo Yuden. These DVD's are rated some of the best and I've had great luck with them. Good Luck

3. EvilJohn

EvilJohn Guest

Thanx a lot abx

you accidentaly don't know if my modchip will be good enough for the new games? and do you know if the new gamereleases in Europe (PAL) are mostly dvd9 or dvd5?

I appreciate your help, thanx a lot!!!

4. hursty

hursty Active member

i am not 100% sure on this,but this chip is not designed to boot copied games
    not from the offset anyway
    the "homebrew" is marketed to allow the legal sale of modchips,as they will not boot backups.
    thats how they get around the sale of them
    (keeps sony away!!)hehe
    to get them to work,you have to upgrade the firmware
    like i said,not 100% sure
    do some research first

5. EvilJohn

EvilJohn Guest

so you're saying that the chip i ordered, doesn't help to play my backup copies of my ps2 games???
    so i can't play any copied games with this chip, but what is the use than?
    plz inform me as soon as possible, maybe i can cancel the order than!!!
    thanx

6. hursty

hursty Active member

like i said,do a little research first
    i may be wrong
    search for "infinity matrix homebrew" on google

7. hursty

hursty Active member

its perfectly a good chip that will play backups

you just need to upgrade the firmware on it first

selling modchips is not exactly legit,the game companies dont like it

the homebrew is a way around the legal side if things,
    in otherwords the people selling them dont want to get into trouble,so they release this chip

then when you have it,you can do what you like with it

i.e.flash the firmware,allowing you to play copied games

hope this helps

8. EvilJohn

EvilJohn Guest

i'll try when my chip arrives, thanx for the help and if it doesn't work, i will inform myself again on this forum. just new here and already very happy of the fast and good replies.
    thanx to all of you guys :)