1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Graphic card should i get?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Xenokai, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

2. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

the 1600pro isnt a good card, sorry, check this to see how it and other compare.

for around the same price you could get a 7600gs which is better than that one. if i was you i would get a 7600gt or the 1650xt, they both cost a little more but you would get a much better card.

with graphics cards you realy do get what you pay for. both the models here recommend a 300w + psu, check here to see what your total rig will need.

edit

just had a look at your sig, compare them to your current card before you buy any (its still a competant card). you might be better to wait till the midrange dx10 cards come out in the next couple of months.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  3. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

the card shown in my sig is one i took back 2 time because the emmoryc was defective then the fan was grinding the 2nd time. The 3rd time they was out of stock and refunded most my money. I only plan to speen $98 total on a GPU but i want the best i can get for that. So the 7600 is better then the ati x1600? hmm Are you sure this card would be better then the x1600pro? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814133192 compare those 2 fore me? I have no plans to ever overclock i just want a gpu to plug in play but is bets for the price. the 400 core clock seems slow when comparing the stats is it still better?

4. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  5. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

bump please somerespond i really wanna know which card to get. from my last respond

6. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

im sure i replied to this 2 days ago, i must of been stoned on painkillers or somthing, i cant say from personall experience as i have not tested all the cards you named. i can say that i trust that the figures on the chart i linked are correct and will give you a good idea of the performance that card will give you compared to all others.

things to note,
    dont just buy from the first place you find, you might find a bargin on the next site you look at.
    most cards in the same range can be manualy clocked to around the same speeds, look at the other things you get in the box and then make your mind up as to which is better for you for your money (things like convertors and cables or bundled games and software) as you pay for everything in box.

7. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

Thanks alot man. I orderd the 7600GS last night i hope it was a good choice. I know nvidia seems to always have mor estable drivers anyway. Newegg promished me 10$ back after i orderd a new card for the mess they mad on my last orders so i got this Geforce 7600GS http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814133192 for total of $85. which i fig prob isnt to bad. Like i said the x800gto was very glicthy and the reviews all said it was a buggy card also. But it had amazing specs. must of been just a bad brand

8. steimy

steimy Active member

It should work fine for you. I have an FXF Radeon 7600GT and it will even play the highest required game out there right now, Rainbow Six Vegas. I played a bit of it and it ran flawless.
    The GT is just slightly better than the GS but also costs a bit more.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007