1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which is better? hard mod or soft mod?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by joy83, Jul 31, 2007.

1. joy83

joy83 Member

I dont know if this question has been answered before or not, but I couldnt find it anywhere using search, so here is what I was wondering. I was planning to get my 360 modded by some professional and I got some replies from some local guys,
    now the problem is one of them told me he can mod it by flashing the drive and whatever is needed to soft mod it, the other guy who contacted me told me that he only performs hard mod where he solders some mod chip to the hardware. I am kind of in a dillema right now as to which one to go for. Should I go for the soft mod or hard mod? Which one has lesser chance to brick? and another question how long does this modding process take, I mean how much time.

2. drphilly

drphilly Guest

Hard mod is more expensive, but i think it does the job better? I'm not completely sure

3. steimy

steimy Active member

flashing the DVD drive is the way to go. It is reversable if needed and in the long run will be harder to detect as it is updated much more often then a modchip ever will be.