1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which is better ps2 or xbox

Discussion in 'PS2' started by alldat123, Nov 29, 2003.

1. alldat123

alldat123 Member

ok, as we know christmas is coming and i dont know if i wanna get a whole new system(xbox) or just try to get more games for the system i already have(ps2). i am asking you guys in your opinions which one is better. which one is better in the categories of games, loading, and which has better graphics. i want to know which one i am better off with. thanks

2. alldat123

alldat123 Member

you people are really helpful.

3. pas2mania

pas2mania Regular member

They are both good systems. They both have almost the same games. They both have the same graphics but if your a nerd and look at every detail then xbox has better graphics.

4. Matador

Matador Regular member

I think that Xbox is better cux you can use a program to play audio,movies,pictures.Called XBMP.There is so many emulators on the xbox as well.That HDD does come in handly.

For this you need some sort of mod chip. ^__^

Better Gfx,load times cuz of cache on the hdd.Able to store music on hdd.

5. pas2mania

pas2mania Regular member

there is a 40 gig hard drive for the ps2.

6. Matador

Matador Regular member

I know but you will have to buy it.With the xbox it all ready comes with the system.

7. mgb0101

mgb0101 Member

yeah the xbox is great with its built in HD, even better if you upgrade it. Both systems are great in their own right. PS2 has some great games that the xbox doesnt, and vice versa. The only person who can decide which system is better if you, and what you're looking to get out of your system.

8. jk323

jk323 Guest

nice system matador(ahem)braggin aye top this
    Ps2 DMS3 modchip
    PLEXTER708
    Alienware
    3.2 p4 hyper thread overclocked to 3.8 mhz
    240gb maxtor hd (no need no 760 gigs)*besides having more then 1 hd in 1 system will lag up the pc when transfering files unlike one hd with 240 gigs
    1024 memory corsair pc 3700 overclocked to pc 4000
    Ati radeon pro 9800 (256mb)
    19 inch lcd samsung
    (all for the low price of 3.000

9. n0rd0s

n0rd0s Member

Yep, I guess xbox is better with graphics. BUT if you put xbox and psx side by side and look which looks better in your living room. :)
    Ok, maybe you are not so much into nice design but I am. In my xmas packet there is definetly psx, it looks so coooool :)

10. dvdps2

dvdps2 Regular member

Where can I get a trustworthy cheap premodded ps2? Thanks

11. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I heard somebody replacing the dvd drive in a Xbox with a computer dvd rom drive and said that it was better.I am not sure what it did but it must have been good.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2003
  12. Matador

Matador Regular member

Alienware Area-51 w/Saucer Silver color.
    Charmeleon 1.3 xbox mod chip //Evox M7 BIOS
    160 GB HDD in Xbox //Custom MS dash w/60+ games

CoolerMaster Jet 4 - Socket 478 @ http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/cpu-cma-04.html

2 Silver Vantec Ultimate Hard Drive Cooler @ http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/hdc-10.html

You only got Ati radeon pro 9800 (256mb)and
    19 inch lcd samsung thats better then me... ^__^ but i can still upgrade when the prices drop and they will.

PS.That must be a slow as computer that ur running..... I guess i beat you on the CPU.
    3Ghz vs 3.1 mhz mine is a couple 1000 times better then urs.lol

I guess every one is entitle to an error here and there.What kind of cooling do you use.Im thinking of getting water cooling IF i OC my system.

13. Matador

Matador Regular member

Hey L-Burna the xbox dvd drive is locked around 2-5x I think.Any a cheap dvd drive is 10-12+x.So switching the drive will load the games faster.

But keep in mine that some title will not boot of the PC dvd drive.Thats why you will all ways have to keep ur xbox open.In order to keep on switching drive to drive.

Look into this X-Deck @ http://www.xdeck.net/

14. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

xbox has 2x the graphic cababilities of xbox, but xbox only has a few good titles where as ps2 has near endless.

15. sideshow

sideshow Regular member

Xbox may have the stronger hardware but there software is no where in comparison to PS2. Plus PS2 is much easier to backup your games. PS2 for me until PS3.

16. Matador

Matador Regular member

Theres no Piracy talk here....But for ur info xbox games are very easy to backup._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Intel D875PBZ - P4 w/HT 3.0GHz 800MHz FSB 512KB Cache - 2GB DDR PC3200 - 760GBs [1x500GB - 1x160GB -1 x60GB +x40GB] - GeForce FX 5700 Ultra 128MB - Sony Dru-510a[/small]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2003
  17. sideshow

sideshow Regular member

Im talking about making backups of games you own. My xbox games where harder to burn than ps2's because you have to ftp the data from the xbox to the pc rather than just putting a ps2 game in your harddrive and using recording software.