1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Is Better?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by erik1213, May 3, 2003.

1. erik1213

erik1213 Regular member

I know I asked this already but i haven't gotten an answer yet. So please answer me.

Which is better - Flip Top w/ Swap Magic 2 Discs OR Swipe Card Method w/ Swap Magic 2 Discs? Does the Swipe Card Method destroy the Disc Tray in the PS2? Please Help! I don't wanna make a big mistake. Thank You!!!

2. bigbobw

bigbobw Guest

I have never tried the swip card method but it sounds more trouble than it is worth. I have the fip-top and it works great everytime. Plus it is easy to use and install.

3. cheib

cheib Member

as of right now I have 44 games for my fliptop ps2 and everyone of them works like a charm, I have never used the swipe card so I dont know if its harmful to your system or not but why chance it, most replacement drives that I have priced are at the least $65.00.

4. telescope

telescope Regular member

Pleez tell me can flip top + swap magic play rips also

5. Zaga23

Zaga23 Guest

they are both same in my opinion if you dont want to spend much , just get swipe card w/magic boots, flip lids are just more easier to insert a bakup, like in flip lid u just open up the top lid and insert instead of moving the white clips left - right, im using swipe card but still thinking about flip lids..

1)so if you want to spend sum cash get flip lids....
    2) if u dont want to spend more and dont want to install anything, but will take a little hasstle get swipe method..

my 2 cents....

6. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

but with the flip top you dont run the risk of your tray jumping the pin track and having to sit up at 2 in the morning for an hour trying to get the stupid tray back on the stupid pin, oh wait, that was just me! long live flip tops! flip tops will play "some" dvd rips, but not many.