1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which is Faster at Running Emulators; Motorola Droid or Eris

Discussion in 'Android Phones' started by 03bgood, Mar 29, 2010.

1. 03bgood

03bgood Member

Because I'm thinking about getting one because I heard they run SNES games at a very good speeds. Should I get the Motorola or Eris? Also can SNESoid run Yoshi's Island and Super Mario RPG at normal speeds?

2. deluxe247

deluxe247 Regular member

Hmm which one has more processing power?

3. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

Run SNES roms at full speed? You could do that with a win-mo-5 device! My main concern would be the controls...most of the emulators do not have multi-touch support, and most games will require you to use more than one button at a time. A keyboard can be a fix (though it is still terrible).

USB controllers are still not an option for android devices, and I have yet to see anything about connecting bluetooth controllers...so I think your best bet is a Droid (or you could get an old HP iPaq for about $100 on ebay; and that will work just as well...if not better....

This is the same model of iPaq that I used to use for SNES emulation (it worked perfectly)...the auction only has 12 hours left, and the price is still only $36:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-Ipaq-H4355-H...temQQptZPDA_s_Pocket_PC_s?hash=item19bb6693f6

4. snesgames

snesgames Member

Best way to play snes games is via the motorola. i have run loads of gaming sites that related to snes etc and i still by motorola.