1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which method is easier/safer KnifeTrick/Fliptop swap

Discussion in 'PS2' started by lancerx2, Mar 15, 2003.

1. lancerx2

lancerx2 Member

which of these swap methods is easier/safer for the system? I mean the knife trick seems to me like it might break the little thing inside evernutally, (Im getting my gameshark soon so I need to know!) but also the knife trick seems kinda easy

2. Annihilon

Annihilon Guest

You would really be better off getting it chipped properly. It can't be good for your PS2 to mess around sticking things in it.

3. Blazino

Blazino Member

If you don't wanna risk f'in' up your mainboard, go with a fliptop.

4. c7015

c7015 Regular member

definatly the chip is better but between your two choices the flip top is sooo much better because it dosent damage your system and is easyly reversable

5. lancerx2

lancerx2 Member

Well I mean, basically which peice is more likely to break, the white trigger when using the knife trick, or the white plate that needs to be taken on and off while using the fliptop method

6. c7015

c7015 Regular member

the white trigger

7. jodge407

jodge407 Guest

I've mentioned this in one of the other threads. My friend has been using the knife trick for a while now and hasn't had any problems :)

8. lancerx2

lancerx2 Member

thanks, that helps a lot. BUT! wait when removing the faceplate from the tray for the knifetrick, none of the sites have said if you can put it back on again? I was looking at it, and it seems pretty built in

9. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

the tray faceplate is held on by clips built into it. these can easily be manipulated by using a small precision standard screwdriver. It's easier to take the right side off first due to the circular part of the faceplate on the left side, kinda pull on the right side after you unclip it and it'll rotate off of the tray.

10. jodge407

jodge407 Guest

Well my friend has never put his back on because he says there's no need to if hes playing that many copied games. Also I should say you need to patch every game before you copy them or they won't work. If I was you I'd get a gameshark and a no solder mod. Then you don't have to patch every game and you don't have to keep sticking a knife in your PS2.

11. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Patching MIGHT only be needed on some titles.

As for the faceplate just give it a nice tug and it'll pop right off easy.

To put it back on just use some glue if the tabs broke off from the tray or the faceplate.

12. jodge407

jodge407 Guest

Well my friend said he burned PS1 games and PS2 games and couldn't get them to work so he tried burning them again but patching them before and he said they turned out like new

13. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Well your friend is mistaken for EVERY title needing to be patched. I have tested a few with a swipe card I made and only 2 of them had freezing problems. All the others played fine.

Then again maybe he was backing them up incorrectly, or was unable to do them properly because of hardware issues (no subchannel capabilities)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2003
  14. jodge407

jodge407 Guest

yeah proberly but I'm just going off what he told me. By the way what about PS1 games and patches?Do they need a patch before you can play em.

15. lancerx2

lancerx2 Member

say you own a game, and you download its backup as an iso someone has put together, from eMule or somewhere. This does not need to be patched correct? they've already done it