1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which mod chip to buy

Discussion in 'PS2' started by benjas, Sep 6, 2004.

1. benjas

benjas Member

ok, so far i have a dvd+r burner and hp dvd+r's. i have burned the cds exactly but the ps2 wont read them because it doesnt have a mod chip. now i need to buy a mod chip. i obviously want the best one for the least money. which should i buy. how do i install it. i am also scared that i might brake my ps2 because my freind did but then again, he is a dumb ass. so what should i do? buy a chip, and if ya; which one should i buy and how do i install it. thanks, hook me up

2. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

You are gonna have to first find out what version PS2 you have.You can find it out very easy by looking at the back of your PS2 where it has a code on there that says something like this SCPH-5000R or something similiar to this.After you find this out you should look for a modchip that suits you.If you want to just play games then just get the MagicV chip.If you want to do alot more than just play games such as watch DivX and so forth like that then look into DMS3Plus and Matrix Infinity modchips.The best thing I can say is search on the forums for your answers.I am sure there are a couple of threads on here that tell about qualities of the chip and the downside of having some of the chips.Anyways good luck on your search,but in my oppinion I would go with Matrix Infinity.

Peace L-Burna

3. Kaido

Kaido Member

Matrix Infinity