1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Mod Chip?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by EBco, Oct 21, 2004.

1. EBco

EBco Member

Can anyone help with some advice on the best mod chip to play ps2 games?I have a V10 and wondered if the no solder like the flip top or the solder chips were the best for playing back ups?Thanks!!!!

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

basicly it comes down to this the swapmagic flip/slide combo is easy to fit and quite cheap but requires 3 swaps to play some games the solder mod is quite difficult to install(you need to be very good at soldering)and will cost more if you have to pay to have it installed but your backups will load like your orignal games

3. EBco

EBco Member

Will the no solder flip top play all the backup games or does the mod chip have a advantage over this.My soldering is ok so would I be better off with the solder job and if so which chip do you recommend?

4. 100%legit

100%legit Guest

go 4 swap magic Slide Card Set V3 or DMS3 Plus

5. EBco

EBco Member

Thanks for your help guys!

6. EBco

EBco Member

Just done some reading on the Swap Magic.Does it surport DVD+R?I have a V10 that will read them I think but in the Swap Magic adds it just says DVD-R..Hmmmmm...Any advice?