1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which mod is the best for playing imports?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by crimson81, Sep 7, 2003.

1. crimson81

crimson81 Member

This question has probably been asked a thousand different times in a thousand different ways. But I have searched through the threads, and I really haven't found a decent answer to my question. So don't shoot me if you happen to have gotten this question before. It happens.

I recently bought a Playstation 2 (Version 7), and I am planning on purchasing a few imported Japanese games. I realize that there's no easy way to get a PS2 to play imports, so I'm planning on buying a chip/swap disc. I'm rather hesitant to void the warranty, but I'm not altogether unwilling.

I'm not interested in backups. I don't plan on making any. I just want to know your opinions on the best mod to play imported games with and where the best (and hopefully cheapest) place to purchase one would be. Should I get a flip top, a slide card, or should I just go ahead and get a chip that needs to be soldered?

Let me know what you think, because I'm completely in the dark about what to use! I just want to play my imports!

2. psx245

psx245 Regular member

if you want to take your changes and can't solder get a fliptop. the messiah 2 pro and dms3 i would say are one of the best in playing imports.

3. robert34

robert34 Guest

most modchips can play imported games, but swap magic can not play dvd9 games, and some jap imports are dvd9 like Xeno Saga.

If you are scared to solder you can always get someone to do it for you, but if you want it easy then go for fliptop and swap magic.