1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which modchip do I have?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Issalroc, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Issalroc

Issalroc Guest

I'm a little ashamed to ask this, since I should have asked it when I bought the modded Wii, but since I was in a hurry I forgot. Is there a way to know which modchip do I have whithout opening my Wii? One thing I noticed is that a little bit after being turned on the Wii resets and makes a little noise. Thanks for your help.

2. Jeff_73ca

Jeff_73ca Member

why do you need to know what chip you have, is it for just doing the updates? if so all i would do is try the wiikey update if not then try the cyclowiz and see which one works other than that you're gonna be openin it up to have a peek.

3. Issalroc

Issalroc Guest

I'm just curious to know. Thanks for the sgestion, if anyone else has more please post.

4. Issalroc

Issalroc Guest

Sorry for the double post, but I don't feel another silly question deserves its own thread.
    How can I know the region of my Wii? I'm pretty certain it's not from my country, but I'm clueless to its origin. It's got an english manual, but also french and spanish. Is it really PAL?