1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which modchip is easiest to install?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by DiskBoy, Nov 30, 2003.

1. DiskBoy

DiskBoy Guest

I would like some good advice on which modchip is easiest to install. My soldering skills are very basic. Has anyone out there suceesfully installed any modchip with little to no experience with soldering? Does anyone have any tips or specific things to watch for when soldering a modchip? Any horror stories? I know I'm asking quite a few questions here, but truly, any/all advice will be greatly appreciated! I really want to get an idea if I am capable of installing one of these. Thanx so much.

2. DiskBoy

DiskBoy Guest

I did finally find the nice comparison chart in the tutorials section. Still would like to hear about any personal experiences though.

3. WEStar

WEStar Active member

I don't know what chart you're talking about there's a new mod called DUO and it's only 17 wires compared to 22 or 23 wires and I guess it'd be easier 'cause it's less points. It's a newer mod heard about it about a month ago so you might wanna wait and see with it.

4. DiskBoy

DiskBoy Guest

Thanks for the info. I must say, I'm very surprised at the price ($21.00). Seems like the easier modchips should be more. Is there something about the DUO that I'm not seeing? It plays all backups, right? Again, thanx for the reply.