1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which modchip to get?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Pontius, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Pontius

Pontius Regular member

I am getting a Liteon 8x DVDRW External Drive USB2 to copy the games.I want a modchip that requires no soldering and that i can install easy.Do i need swap magic or a fliptop aswell as the modchip.And could someone tell me the best media for PS2 games.I also dont know what version my playstation is.How do i find out?

2. Pontius

Pontius Regular member

My model number is SCPH-30003.

3. punx777

punx777 Regular member

personally id send your playstation to norcalmods.com and ask for a matrix infinity install for 100 dollars. they also have duo and apple pro chips but the matrix is definitly the best, that includes return shipping, and with these chips you need to do absolutly NO SWAPPING.

but im sure u dont feel safe sending ur machine off so heres the alternates, you need either a no-solder mod chip, or a flip top, they usually run roughly the same price i think, but when you do this you will also need the swap magic disks, ususally the swapping is easy, but trust me, IT GETS OLLLLLDDDDD, first of all, for about 1/5 of all the games out there, you will need to go online and download the CD LOADER disk, all those games will require more then one swap. (cd swap magic->cd loader>cd/dvd swap magic-> game)

and wehn you do play the game, about half of the games i burnt skipped on the copys.. so anyway, if i were you , i would just go for a good noswap chip, ive expirienced both and i would kill to have my 40 bux for my fliptop back......

4. Pontius

Pontius Regular member

I went to that website.But it only delivers inside the USA.I live in ireland?

5. Pontius

Pontius Regular member

I went to a website called www.psxtune.com
    It has something called magic slide card.It says that it starts 95% of backups without a modchip.Is this true?

6. [iD]EG6

[iD]EG6 Regular member

Yeah, but it involves switching cds around alot. So stick with a modchip. My modchip is Magic 3 and it has no errors and it boots all PS2 Games directly, a good buy.

7. foundmy

foundmy Guest

Magic 3 do not boot up dvd9 games properly, there is no browser or main menu booting.

on v7 units you can't play splinter cell becuase it does a double check (only magic 2.0/3.x issue).

get a duo2se for cheap, or get a dms3 plus or matrix infinity for all the options.

8. Pontius

Pontius Regular member

Will these modchips work in my PS2 the model number is
    SCPH-30003.

9. Pontius

Pontius Regular member

I checed and all of them modchips require soldering.I have no soldering skills at all.What are my options?

10. punx777

punx777 Regular member

well, you could go to google and search for mod chip installers, (or just ask around on here, would save you the trouble) or you could go with the slide card/solderlessmod/ flip top and swap magic......... if you were going to go with the swap magic, my opinion would to get the flip top, just because its easier. yeah using swap magic about 95% of copys will work, but about 35% of those will require extra swapping. www.swapmagicfix.com (all the games that need extra swapping are listed on there)

11. Pontius

Pontius Regular member

I think will go for flip top and swap magic.Is there differtant versions of swap magic?If so what is the best?And is there a good website to get these.One that will deliver to ireland.