1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHICH MOVIE EDITING SOFTWARE IS THE BEST

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by RAJVEER, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I haven't been throught this forum in a long long time. I have mentioned this somewhere about a year ago. But What I have been using for movie editing is the following:

WinDV Caputre: This program will just capture your live Firewire input video and audio signal. (its free)

VirtualDub: This progam you can edit your video and edit audio (only very little) (its Free)

Then use some avi to mpeg conveting software. For now I use DvdSanta, its not free and but has a trial version thats ok.

DvD styler: This progam lets you author your menus, add chapter points ete. (its Free) but you need .vob files, can work with mpeg1

That works for me. I am looking into beter avi to mpeg software and Free is what I look for.

Minion have you ever used VirtualDub? How would you rate it to pro software? (I have never used most of whats listed here, so I do not know what I am missing).

2. mitch_m

mitch_m Member

Just started using Sony Vega 6 and find it an excellent prog for what your looking for mate.

3. niggzo

niggzo Member

Hi ,
    I have tried all the software mentioned and I have actully found PInnacle 9 to be the easiest , yup, i know it crashes often but if its the easist to start with.I am trying to figureout vegas,i heard great reviews but too much stuff. anyone has a tutorial that can help id love to use that.
    otherwise I would suggest pinnacel for starts works great for me.
    thanks a lot

4. k0k0m0

k0k0m0 Regular member

To capture I also use winDV, although I have tried another one (which I can't recall right now) which is also good.

To edit (that is trimming parts I don't like or merging different vids onto one) I go with VirtualDub.

To encode I choose MainConcept

To author, definitely DVDLab so far

5. KriZENry

KriZENry Member

I used to use iMOVIE at school on their MAC computers but I have a PC so when I got my Sony Vegas 4.0, it was a step down from iMOVIE as far as transition effects, titles and rendering times. ALso there is no slow mo/speed up function which sucks. Vegas does have a decent selection of transistions and titles for basic editing and is a good starter program and does come with the DVD architect program which is pretty cool and simple to make menus, chapters menus etc. and there was no image loss whatsoever even on my 32" TV screen when I transferred it to DVD.